Metroplex
Sponsored by

Help me tackle Alzheimer's- BvB Dallas

2 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BlueAg2003
BlueAg2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags!

I have decided to make a difference this summer. I am committing myself to tackling Alzheimer's disease. This horrible disease hits close to home as my dad was diagnosed shortly after my mom passed away in 2014.

I was fortunate enough to get involved with BvB Dallas, a young professionals organization dedicated to raising money and awareness around the disease and research. Each year the organization hosts several fundraising events with the culmination being a powder-puff football game played at the Cotton Bowl. (Aggie football related because who doesn't love remembering us stuffing Bo Jackson at that very venue) BvB stands for Blondes vs. Brunettes. This year, I'll be playing for the Bru Crew and hoping to grab a victory. (Aggie football related because this Class of 2003 Ag will be playing the game)

BvB Dallas is a way to honor and remember loved ones who suffered or are suffering from Alzheimer's and related diseases. The organization has experienced a blitz of success by raising over $4.2 million in its 12 year existence and has recruited over 1,000 volunteers.

This year, the money raised will be going to the following beneficiaries in the Metroplex: The Senior Source, Center for Brain Health, UNT Health Science Center, and UT Southwestern Medical Center. We hope to contribute to research advancements as well as aid in the care of those currently afflicted.

I would love to see my Premium family contribute to this amazing cause. In order to make this fun, I will write the highest donor's username (post it with your donation on the page below) on my bicep for the game. My dad will be on one as I'm playing for him, but I'll bring a little TexAgs love to the game. Rule 1 will be followed on game day. A $25 dollar donation gets you a ticket to the game, as well as the after party which will have plenty of beer and lovely ladies (I have to get you there somehow, right). Even a $5 donation can help get us there.

Likewise, if you have a business that would like to advertise in front of a crowd of 4,000+, please PM me or email me at blueag2003@gmail.com. We can get you program or Jumbotron space.

Please consider donating here:

[url]https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/team-brunette-2019/blueag2003[/url]

Check out last year's action:

Thanks and Gig 'em!
COOL LASER FALCON
BlueAg2003
AG
Bumping this as today is our last day to receive donations. We've been featured on The Ticket, NBC, Fox, and the Kidd Kraddick morning show. We've practiced in 104 degree heat, held countless fundraisers, and raised $500,000 all to tackle Alzheimer's. However, we're still short of our ultimate $650,000. I've set my personal goal at $4,000 and am only $525 away from hitting it. You can help me by donating here:

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/team-brunette-2019/blueag2003

The Aggie Family has come through in this campaign, but we need to make a final push. Please consider making a contribution to make a difference in the lives of those with Alzheimer's (and their families). We need you in this final day!

To learn more about why we do what we do, check out our story here:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/SomethingGood---523192731.html?fbclid=IwAR350FiB0EZFkbvQ4gpmLZmcorIVsRYqaOk1vUhufNIvYKoWH_jJ6HxfAso
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.