Metroplex
Sponsored by

Greenville TX Summer-Fall Co-Op living recommendations needed

975 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JDCAG (NOT Colin)
86ArchAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a junior student about to go do a Co-Op in Greenville, and I have no clue about where to suggest to look for living arrangements. I have never stepped foot in that town. Are there parts of town to avoid? Are there good apartment options available? Do people drive in from Frisco? Rockwall?
A decent, safe place towards the airport would be perfect.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
AW 1880
AG
Most the folks I know who work in Greenville live in Rockwall, Royse City, or Caddon Mills. If only a summer job, Rockwall will probably have the best apartment options.
86ArchAg
AG
Thank you!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Congrats on him getting the job at L3! Agree with what the other poster said, look in Rockwall first than Greenville. In my opinion, only an insane person would attempt Frisco (1-1.5 hour commute 1 way).

I can ask some people who work there where the co-ops stay.
86ArchAg
AG
Thanks
ExpressAg11
AG
Agree with this. Everyone I know who works there commutes from Royse City, Rockwall or Wylie. The drive usually isn't bad that far east on I-30.
Mr. Frodo
AG
Born and raised there. Certainly parts of town you would like less than others. Would guess anything new around I 30 and Hwy 34 out to L3 would be fine. Rockwall approximately 30 minute drive away. Depends on how much you want to pay and how much time you want to spend driving.
86ArchAg
AG
Thanks to all. He is going to try the drive from Rockwall. His mom liked the newer options there.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
I worked at L3 the first 4-5 years out of A&M and did the commute from Mesquite for about a year, then Rockwall the rest of the time. Neither is that bad, but I like Rockwall better. We still live here.

Caveat: my commute predates all of the construction going on around Fate.

If you don't mind sharing, what type of gig is he going to be doing (software, mechanical, aero, etc.)?
86ArchAg
AG
He is a Computer Science Major.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Awesome - I was Computer Engineering.

Good luck to him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.