Metroplex
Sponsored by

2019 DCAD values

8,554 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YouBet
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should be rolling out any day now. Last year it was 4/14 (Saturday).

Predictions?
Zip: 75230
2018 change: Started with a 1.35% increase, fought it down to a $10 total increase
2019 guess: 5% market increase, with increases to the mill rate of $0.13/$100 due to Dallas County voters
YouBet
AG
I'm not sure I want to see what mine are. The McMansions are creeping ever closer to our street.
hph6203
AG
Wasn't the .13 increase on last year's bill? It better have been, because my taxes went up 15% year over year (should max at 10%). My bill showed the 1.41 rate for DISD, which is what was voted on. 1.17 for schools, .24 for debt.

My guess
Zip: 75214
2018: Had a 17% increase, which was a makeup for a 0% increase in 2017.
2019: Fully expecting a 7% increase (at least) on top of my 7% carryover from last year.

My tax increases have consistently and exclusively been on the land, so I have a snowball's chance in hell of ever successfully protesting any increase in market value. My tax bill will almost surely be larger than my mortgage payment next year, and I'm betting that my assessment will have increased by 100% over the last 5.

First wave of values are scheduled to be updated online on the 15th, assessments are supposed to be mailed this week.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

My tax increases have consistently and exclusively been on the land, so I have a snowball's chance in hell of ever successfully protesting any increase in market value.
This is me.
rebag00
AG
75214 - while our land values have risen pretty steadily, the comps around me are insane. House next door with roughly the same sq ft and layout built at same time sold last year for $300K more than I am appraised at. I am going to contest my property condition. Dude at DCAD already told me not to mess with comps and land value.
My Dad Earl
AG
This speaks for all of us...

Rice and Fries
Any idea when Collin CAD will release theirs?
hph6203
AG
https://www.collincad.org/cycles/appraisal-and-review#notification-and-review

April 1 April 15 real property appraisal notices processed for printing and mailing services.
April 14 - April 15 real property appraisal notices mailed
Mollie03
AG
Just looked and 2019 proposed were up. Mine just went up from capped value to market. I protested last year and market value was lowered a little. Seems like my protest would not likely succeed this year since market value didn't change.
Rice and Fries
Honestly though, is there really a true way to "fight" the CADs and properly protest your values?

My house is the oldest and smallest on the street and I am expecting to be paying $7500 for my casa while my neighbors have tax bills of $6000... how the heck is that fair? They have bigger houses, are not over 65 and pay less in taxes?

$6000 on top of my mortgage just does not scream "american" dream to me. And before anyone starts, yes I can pay that. I would just rather it go to my kids 529 or my roth instead of paying for stupid bonds to improve some random ass park that I don't ever use.
hph6203
AG
Hate to break it to you, but I doubt that's your actual assessed value. I checked the houses my brothers own (3 of them), my own, my parents and a couple of friends and the "2019 Proposed" all list last year's value.

I was surprised/happy to see the same value as last year, but still expecting Monday to have a bad number for me.
YouBet
AG
hph6203 said:

Hate to break it to you, but I doubt that's your actual assessed value. I checked the houses my brothers own (3 of them), my own, my parents and a couple of friends and the "2019 Proposed" all list last year's value.

I was surprised/happy to see the same value as last year, but still expecting Monday to have a bad number for me.
They are out. I just checked mine.

My overall value went up $2k. It went up $20k last year. More interestingly though:

Our Improvement vs Land ratio flip flopped. Historically, it has been 67% Improvement and 33% Land. This year it is 40% Improvement and 60% Land.

It seems our street is now ripe for McMansioning.

FTAco07
AG
Up 8% for me and getting dangerously close to more than I could sell it for.
riverrataggie
AG
Up 5%. Mainly due to land. Harder to fight land increases.
Mollie03
AG
My property values have increased to the point where the my assessed value is very close to what I would sell for. I'm not that surprised to see it the same. Seems odd that they would update it to say 2019 proposed values if that's not what they are. Maybe my neighborhood finally hit market.
Mollie03
AG
Yeah they aren't assessed very fairly, that's for sure.

What's the alternative? Rent? Move really far north?
riverrataggie
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Honestly though, is there really a true way to "fight" the CADs and properly protest your values?

My house is the oldest and smallest on the street and I am expecting to be paying $7500 for my casa while my neighbors have tax bills of $6000... how the heck is that fair? They have bigger houses, are not over 65 and pay less in taxes?

$6000 on top of my mortgage just does not scream "american" dream to me. And before anyone starts, yes I can pay that. I would just rather it go to my kids 529 or my roth instead of paying for stupid bonds to improve some random ass park that I don't ever use.

There is a way to fight and suggest getting an attorney who knows them down at dcad. I tried to fight it once, gave my case with comps on my street. They fought back with homes that weren't even in the same neighborhood. Got an attorney, they used the same exact comps and won.

Found out the hard way, corruption is real. If you want to live in Dallas, pay dallas it's dues and don't ask questions.
hph6203
AG
Was just shocked to see zero changes among any of the values that I checked and figured it was an error on their site, because they weren't scheduled to be released until Monday online. The last time my value didn't increase they hit me with a 17% increase the following year.
Van Buren Boy
AG
hph6203 said:

Was just shocked to see zero changes among any of the values that I checked and figured it was an error on their site, because they weren't scheduled to be released until Monday online. The last time my value didn't increase they hit me with a 17% increase the following year.
Mine stayed the same too
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
75214. All I can say is damn it. I'll protest as usual, but I have little hope with the comps. $40K in property taxes is unreal.
permabull
AG
hbc07
AG
So I'm not sure if I'm reading DCAD right since this is my first year dealing with this... but my market value apparently went up to 307790 from 271430, a 13.3% increase.

Up from 173,800 in 2013.
permabull
AG
aggielostinETX
AG
YouBet said:

hph6203 said:

They are out. I just checked mine.

My overall value went up $2k. It went up $20k last year. More interestingly though:

Our Improvement vs Land ratio flip flopped. Historically, it has been 67% Improvement and 33% Land. This year it is 40% Improvement and 60% Land.

It seems our street is now ripe for McMansioning.

Can't protest land values.

We stayed flat but taxes went up bc we are catching taxable amount up to market value.
txag2008
AG
My land value went from $65k to $100k. 54% increase
aggielostinETX
AG
txag2008 said:

My land value went from $65k to $100k. 54% increase

This will be the norm
powerbelly
AG
Up 20% on land and 13% on structure.
DFWTLR
AG
Closed on our new house middle of November and apparently we've already appreciated 12.5%!
aggielostinETX
AG
Submit HUD, case closed
DFWTLR
AG
Not concerned about it, just bs
Raptor
AG

2011 - bought at $173k appraised at $173k
2014 - $183k
2019 - $291k

Same house. Same land.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Rice and Fries
And how do we feel about no state income tax now?
aggielostinETX
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Pretty damn good b/c my property taxes are less than most state incomes taxes and most states have both
YouBet
AG
Deats said:

Rice and Fries said:

Pretty damn good b/c my property taxes are less than most state incomes taxes and most states have both
Yep, we just get both and property taxes would not halt climb. No thanks.
Fenrir
Raptor said:

2011 - bought at $173k appraised at $173k
2014 - $183k
2019 - $291k

Same house. Same land.

You bought near the lowest point of the housing market in an area that has grown a ton, and have averaged 6.5% growth per year. Not saying that it is fun to pay those taxes but that isn't nearly as shocking as you want it to be.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.