Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Zoo During Spring Break?

1,581 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggolfer
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Am I crazy for considering going Thursday with my kids? Any experience on if morning or afternoon is better?
FightinTAC08
AG
go when they open and it may not be that bad.

we went to the dallas zoo this past saturday (3/9) arrived at 9am and was pleasantly empty for the first hour, then started getting crowded, but by 1230 we were done and enjoyed the visit.
Tree Hugger
AG
While on the topic of zoos, Wednesday is half price day at the Fort Worth Zoo. It will be worse than the 7th level of hell over there today.
The Collective
AG
Tree Hugger said:

half price day at the Fort Worth Zoo

aglaohfour
AG
Tree Hugger said:

While on the topic of zoos, Wednesday is half price day at the Fort Worth Zoo. It will be worse than the 7th level of hell over there today.

OMG no joke. Last year I forgot and tried to drive down University to get somewhere. It was worse than I've ever seen it. I guess all those people love their kids way more than I love mine because there aren't any circumstances that would make me consider taking them to the zoo during spring break, let alone on Wednesday.
double aught
AG
We take our daughter to the Dallas Zoo during penguin days (Jan-Feb) each year when the tickets are discounted. Crowds are small, even on warm days. It's great.
YouBet
AG
It was around this time last year that we attempted to take my nephews to the Dallas Zoo. We sat in our cars on 35/67 for over an hour in line to exit the highway. When we finally got to the off ramp light for the road to cross back over the highway we took a right instead and circled back around the back way to downtown and went to The Dallas World Aquarium.

I would recommend the latter. It's pretty kickass.
FDXAg
AG
Tree Hugger said:

For some idiotic reason, we went last year on the Wednesday of spring break.

Stupidest decision I've ever made in my life.
Ag CPA
AG
If you are at the Dallas Zoo today be sure to pour one out for Jabari; 15 years.
aggolfer
AG
We went two years ago on Spring break and it was a mad house trying to park. inside the zoo wasn't too bad. I would take the train.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.