Metroplex
Sponsored by

Home Inspector/Pool Inspector

879 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by falconace
SuzyQ06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can y'all recommend a home inspector? I'm looking for someone that will point out everything and isn't afraid to bust a sale. The last home inspector we used did not find several problems. I would prefer recommendations for ones that you have had personal experience with as a consumer, not just a networking contact.

I would also like recommendations for a pool inspector/pool repair company. The house we are considering has a pool with visible problems, so we would like an estimate of costs to repair.

Thank you! If you let me know your real name, I will be sure and let the person know that you referred me.

Susan
nai06
AG
what kind of visible problems? Like equipment or with the pool itself? We just paid a pool company to come and take a look at it.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
What types of pool problems? I just had some stuff done to mine so I might be able to give you an idea, though I'm certainly not an expert.
SuzyQ06
The sides are peeling away from the pool. I think the entire pool needs to be resurfaced. But I've never had a pool so I have no idea.

The owners of the house we are considering are pretty old, so I'm sure that a lot of the pool stuff fell into disrepair because they couldn't keep it up.

I would love to get someone out there to look at it ASAP.
culdeus
AG
I would be prepared to fill it in.

If a pool has just been left to rot odds are you are going to spend more than just demo cost, and the ongoing cost will be huge.

Do you have a sense of how old it is? If it's more than 20 years old I would just budget 60k for a full rehab and work from there.

A resurface assuming no other structural problems, and no equipment or plumbing issues is 5-8k depending on how big the pool is. I have a hard time seeing if the plaster is literally falling off that there are no other major issues including leaks, plumbing, pumps, etc.
Absolute
AG
I would be happy to try and help.
SuzyQ06
Absolute said:

Absolute, send me your contact info please.
investorAg83
AG
SuzyQ06 said:

Absolute said:

Absolute, send me your contact info please.

I've used absolute and recommend him highly. His report kept me from buying a shoddy plumbed flip. And his pool inspection team was top notch and went above and beyond to help me get my pool running correctly. Good luck!
Absolute
AG
Absolute Inspections at gmail
falconace
Also used absolute. He is great.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.