Metroplex
Sponsored by

Moving to Northwest Dallas

1,227 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DevilYack
atm0812
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're moving back to Texas from Ohio, wife and I grew up in Austin so we don't know DFW very well. Job is in Lewisville. If we're being realistic $350,000 is the top end of our housing budget, so Southlake, etc is not an option.

What's the best recommended area to get a good size home while keeping the commute reasonable? And we have a 1 year old and 3 year old so good schools are definitely important as well. Thanks for any input.
a.froman
AG
Flower Mound, Coppell , Castle Hills, Plano, Frisco

All of those towns have houses in that range but you have to look. All have solid schools too.They are all located within 20 minutes of Lewisville
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
atm0812 said:

We're moving back to Texas from Ohio, wife and I grew up in Austin so we don't know DFW very well. Job is in Lewisville. If we're being realistic $350,000 is the top end of our housing budget, so Southlake, etc is not an option.

What's the best recommended area to get a good size home while keeping the commute reasonable? And we have a 1 year old and 3 year old so good schools are definitely important as well. Thanks for any input.
I'm a local agent/broker and sponsor here on TexAgs...I own Robinson Team Real Estate and have been fortunate to help lots of clients that frequent these boards. Would love to help you. Feel free to reach out.

Email is Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com
cell is 972-365-0432

Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Red Rover
AG
As far as schools near you go I have cousins that live in Flower Mound and Lewisville who have had their kids in public schools that have had pretty good experiences.

Two of them have kids that go to or have gone to Lewisville High School - of those 1 is a lawyer, 1 is in med school, 1 is in premed, and the 4th is still in highschool. They appeared to really enjoy the schools and the extracurricular activities (kids played basketball, played QB, and played in the band).

The other cousin has 1 graduating college next year that plans to go to med school and the other 2 in highschool. They appear to be reasonably happy with the schools, though they've complained about some issues over the years with rule changes and such, like anti-peanut butter type rules.
atm0812
AG
Thanks for the input so far! We hadn't looked at Flower Mound or Castle Hills yet.

My wife has also been interested in the new developments in Argyle. What's the take on that area?
a.froman
AG
Argyle is a great area but not sure how many homes are in your budget. You might find some older homes. It is becoming a little Southlake
CD12Ag
AG
We live in Canyon Falls, right on the boarder of Flower Mound & Argyle. We moved here in June and really like it. You can definitely find a house at or below $350K.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the area.
TXAggieMom11
Just moved from Lewisville both of my Aggies are Lewisville graduates as is my future DIL. Schools in Lewisville proper are diverse but not bad. I recommend you take a look at Flower Mound, Highland Village, Lantana, Coppell and Argyle.
Addition - you might also look north to Corinth.
DevilYack
AG
My wife and I moved to Flower Mound about 6 months ago and we really like it here. We lived in Austin for about 10 years before that. Go with Cody. He will set you up right.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.