Metroplex
Sponsored by

Boundaries/Options on North Dallas/Richardson Schools

1,098 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Goose
Bunbury
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're in the very early stages of home-shopping, and mainly interested in the area south of Campbell, North of 635, between the highways.

I'm struggling to make sense of the school boundaries and situation up there, and wondering if anyone could clarify or provide their thoughts/insight.

**it looks like the Richardson boundaries split some of the neighborhoods arbitrarily right in the middle of blocks. Is that set in stone, or it there some system in place?

**Do most people in those areas send their kids to Richadson schools, or are there magnet or other school options people go for when it goes beyond elementary school?

**I don't really know the names of the specific neighborhoods in that area, but anyone have any strong recommendations for areas/neighborhoods (budget aiming for under $550K).

Thanks in advance!

DFWTLR
AG
We were in the same boat a few months ago and ended up buying in Prestonwood, just north of Belt Line off Hillcrest. The elementary is Spring Creek, which is one of the smaller schools, only 350 kids I think. I don't think the boundaries change very often, and we are close enough to the elementary that we shouldn't have an issue down the road.

Most if not all in our neighborhood go to the elementary, and from talking to other family/friends in the area that seems to be the case for middle and high school as well.

We've only been here a few weeks but like the area. They are redeveloping a shopping center at Hillcrest and Arapaho. It's an easy commute to Love Field and close enough to decent restaurants in Addison.

There were a lot with foundation issues caused by old cast iron plumbing leaks. We almost bought a house at 7727 Lone Moor, but the sellers wouldn't let us get a leak detection. It's still on the market for $515K, I called and talked to the agent a few weeks ago and she said the sellers got a leak detection and it is all PVC pipes, so there was no issue. I know they have to be desperate to sell, so maybe check that one out. It shares an ally with my sister in law and her family who love that neighborhood.

plarmigan
AG
We are at the NE corner of Campbell & Hillcrest, so Dallas address but RISD (Brentfield Elem -> Parkhill JH -> JJ Pearce HS). Been here 6 years now and love it.

I have a pdf file of the full RISD map and boundaries by street, etc. that was very helpful when we were trying to figure out which neighborhood was zoned to each school.

I can email it to you if you want.
akaggie05
AG
We are in the exact same neighborhood as plarmigan (Hillcrest Manor). Our oldest is at Brentfield this year. So far, so good. North of us, the Collin County line is the boundary between Richardson and Plano ISD (but still in city of Dallas). East of us, Meandering Way is the boundary between Brentfield and Bowie Elementary. Both schools are considered to be outstanding.

Edit: watch for 7127 Canongate coming on the market within the next few days.
Gigem_94
AG
There are 2 other threads you can search for re Canyon Creek (close to 75 and G Bush) which is a neighborhood in RISD/PISD which address some of these issues.
Goose
AG
We live near the NE corner of Campbell and Meandering Way in a neighborhood called Highlands North and we really like it here. As said before, Dallas address, RISD schools (Bowie/Parkhill/Pearce). Been here a little over 11 years and have been very pleased with the schools, neighborhood, location, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.