Metroplex
Sponsored by

good places to eat in arlington?

2,067 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wbt5845
Just Tired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double bonus if it is around center & division. thanks.
wbt5845
AG
There's a new place called The Tipsy Oak that is really good. It's a gastropub so not really a place for a quiet dinner. Everything is good. One thing I like (that sounds weird) is the brisket grilled cheese sandwich. They also have Legal Draft and Wild Acre beers on tap.

There's also a Mellow Mushroom and Babe's close by if you want something standard.

Prince Lebanese Grill is down the street. They've been on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives and are one of our go to places.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Goog like good food....or good like fancy $$$ food????

Fancy place there with good food too is Restaurant 506 at the Sanford House - it's in this old restored home that is also a a B&B and also has a day spa and event space there for weddings, etc.

https://www.thesanfordhouse.com/restaurant506/

Good food right there is Babe's Chicken at Center/Division - crowded popular family style chicken dinners.

A little further north and you get some good chains by I-30 both Pappasito's and Pappadeaux are up there.

A tremendous Italian place we've been going to for 30+ years is in North Arlington off Lamar - Piccolo Mondo it is in a shopping strip but don't that that fool you. authentic italian, nice place but semi casual, piano, etc.

And over a little further in a bank building is Mercury Chophouse a steakhouse along the line of a Ruth's Chris or Bob's type.

mAgnoliAg
AG
506 at Sanford for brunch is amazing. Haven't had their dinner. Crab cakes Benedict was to die for. Other suggestions are good. There's a twisted root right in there if you like that. We are about to leave my house to go to The Social House for brunch. It's at the northeast corner of Collins and 30
mAgnoliAg
AG
Tipsy oak is a great atmosphere when the weather is perfect, and the food is above average. Great beer list.

Prince is really good also.
gigem70
AG
Babe's
Mac's - steak & seafood
Mellow Mushroom - good pizza
Just Tired
thanks for the suggestions. not looking for "fancy $$$ food".

been to babe's many times and am a fan of their fried chicken. mello mushroom also good.

think i'll give piccolo mondo this trip. i like to give the non-descript local dive a shot.
Hincemm
AG
Piccolo mondo is great.

Is it anti-Texan to think babes is meh?
wbt5845
AG
Hincemm said:

Piccolo mondo is great.

Not at all - their chicken fried steak is average - their fried chicken is decent.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hincemm said:

Piccolo mondo is great.

No I don't think of it as Texan at all anyway.... for me it's more the experience and just a fun family style meal for all.

Honestly I like their sides more than any of their main course selections.

We have fun going there and everyone has something they like. wouldn't say it is a must do even it's just convenient especially for large groups.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
JT said:

thanks for the suggestions. not looking for "fancy $$$ food".

been to babe's many times and am a fan of their fried chicken. mello mushroom also good.

think i'll give piccolo mondo this trip. i like to give the non-descript local dive a shot.

Awesome. We really love this place. a lot of our event meals are here - birthdays, some anniversaries for us or my parents, mother's day, etc. and small reunions when parts of the family are in town, etc.

My wife and I had our rehearsal dinner for our wedding there in 1989 - yep been going there that long.

Antonio runs the place - say hi - authentic Italians have been working there for 30+ years. Many of the waiters have been there 20 years or more. Great people.

Don't miss the appetizers like Sauteed shrimp with mushroom sauce. Divine. Everything is literally amazing never had anyone have a bad meal there. They have amazing specials every night too.

Enjoy!!!

Just Tired
Hincemm said:

I might be overlooking something but that is kind of constrained to whataburger, blue bell and dr pepper in my mind.
'03ag
wbt5845 said:

There's a new place called The Tipsy Oak that is really good. It's a gastropub so not really a place for a quiet dinner. Everything is good. One thing I like (that sounds weird) is the brisket grilled cheese sandwich. They also have Legal Draft and Wild Acre beers on tap.

There's also a Mellow Mushroom and Babe's close by if you want something standard.

Prince Lebanese Grill is down the street. They've been on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives and are one of our go to places.
You think that sounds weird?
babyshark
Macs
Bobby V's
nai06
AG
piccolo gets a lot of love but I've never been all that impressed by it. It's good, but I don't get all the hype (although I'd say really good italian is hard to come by in Texas). Same with Prince's. I think there are better med/middle eastern food places in Arlington.

If you want close to Center and division, there's always twisted root for burgers and Namoo Korean bowl. I'd skip Cartel Tacos. The best thing there is the queso and fried green beans and not much else. ANd if you have time to grab a beer or two, head over to Division Brewing.
HarleySpoon
AG
The old Candlelight Inn.
agchino
AG
Greasemonkey has really good burgers and drink specials.
mhayden
I'd take Greasemonkey over Tipsy Oak.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
agchino said:

Greasemonkey has really good burgers and drink specials.

I know the owner of Grease Monkey - went to HS with him. Great guy.
Hincemm
AG
Are you a colt? What class?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Hincemm said:

No.... he went to Lamar. I was '84 he was '85. VIKINGS!!!!!!
Gigem_94
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Hincemm said:

No.... he went to Lamar. I was '84 he was '85. VIKINGS!!!!!!

Me too! '90.
mustang90
Lamar '90? Who is this, me too!
wbt5845
AG
free_mhayden said:

I'd take Greasemonkey over Tipsy Oak.
Yeah, I forgot about Grease Monkey. I prefer their food too BUT the beers on tap at Tipsy Oak are more awesomer.
wbt5845
AG
mustang90 said:

Lamar '90? Who is this, me too!
Username does NOT check out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.