Metroplex
Sponsored by

Aledo Schools

1,725 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by army01
GBMont3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Long time Fort Worthian and private school product here. Considering moving the family to Aledo, Coder Elementary area specifically.

Everyone says Aledo schools are great but I'm really out of my element trying to evaluate that. Curious if we have any Aledo Ags here with strong opinions on AISD and Coder specifically.

Help would be greatly appreciated as schools are the make or break factor for us.
aggie_wes
AG
My kids go to Stuard, but we've been very happy so far. Good parent involvement overall, and the teachers have been great.
RiskManager93
AG
Stuard parent as well. Great schools!
wbt5845
AG
Other than an unnatural dedication to football, they're fine.
AggieFrog
AG
Good schools but we've been very impressed with our boys' experience at Covenant Classical between Fort Worth and Aledo (just north of 30 and Chapel Creek).

Definitely a sacrifice financially, but great academics and environment for reasonable tuition.
GBMont3
AG
Yes, Covenant is a fairly good option. I'd factor it in if we ever decide to go the private route. My primary concern re:CCS used to be the small size (too small); now it's more to do with the structure of the curriculum and sense that the school may be a bit too proud of their approach.

We will, in all likelihood, be an Aledo, new Tanglewood, or Lily B Clayton family unless circumstances force a change.

I share your combination of alma maters, by the way - TCU MBA during the financial crisis.
army01
AG
We are no longer in Aledo, but my daughter attended K-2nd grade at Coder before they redrew the lines and we were moved to McCall. We absolutely loved Coder, but were not too big on McCall. Coder definitely has a lot of family involvement and McCall almost seemed to discourage it.
Whoop05
AG
Stuard kindergarten parent here, and we've been pleased with our kiddo's teacher. The kid seems to be progressing well so far and is very happy. Only complaint is that at that age it's tough to tell since they don't give number grades.

AISD seems to be highly competitive, which can be good or bad depending on your child. I'm hoping it's better prep for real life.
Gomer95
AG
We have lived in Aledo for several years and love it. Both of my kids have grown up in Aledo schools and are now in the 7th and 8th grade. My kids both went to McCall and they and we both loved it. I don't know what caused the above poster to think that McCall discourages family involvement but we never saw anything like that and had the absolute best experience with both children for all 4 years of that elementary school. We have friends whose kids have went to Coder and Stuard and have nothing but great things to say about the schools and staff there as well. It should be no surprise though I guess because we moved to Aledo from Fort Worth when our kids were about to start school strictly for the school system. It's great. Hope you end up coming out here!
army01
AG
It sounds like you were there when Jason Beatty was principal. I had heard good things about him, but he was dismissed the year before we were moved to McCall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.