Metroplex
Sponsored by

Backyard fort/swingset?

1,761 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by culdeus
Red Rover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations for a backyard fort and swingset. We would like at least mostly enclosed fort on a 6' to 7' deck along with a couple swings and some monkey bars. We currently have a cheap one that was great for a few years but a bit small for the older kids and starting to fall apart. We still have some young kids so this would be something we would use for another 5+ years.

Looking online I've found places like Walmart or Costco with cheaper sets and places that quote $10k. Ideally we'd like to find more of an in between. We are in Lakehighlands area of Dallas.
jpd301
AG
These guys have a location on Luna at NW HWY in NW Dallas near the Elm Fork Shooting range.
http://beyondbackyards.com/

They run big sales from time to time so I think they have significant negotiating room in their pricing. Example of their sale pricing -

Gigem_94
AG
Don't get the wooden fort/playhouse/swingset sold at Sams. From China, extremely difficult to assemble, and the wood boards are more like pressed wood and not solid and the vinyl wrapped posts will literally rot away on the inside.
culdeus
AG
I have one of the super nice kind. I have been meaning to get rid of it as my kids are far too old but been lazy and was at some point just going to haul it out to a lakehouse to rot in disuse..

It should be perfect for what you describe.

shoot me a note at april49610@gmail.com and I'll send pics and stuff.
Old School Brother
Gigem_94 said:

Don't get the wooden fort/playhouse/swingset sold at Sams. From China, extremely difficult to assemble, and the wood boards are more like pressed wood and not solid and the vinyl wrapped posts will literally rot away on the inside.
I can vouch for this review. Have one of these in my backyard mostly because my parents insisted on buying one for my daughter. After seeing the quality of the one they bought for me, my dad built his own in his backyard out of good lumber. He spent way less and the thing will be there long after we're all dead if he keeps sealing/staining it every couple of years. I'm planning to do this myself within the next couple years
East Dallas Ag
AG
If OP doesnt want it I might be interested.
culdeus
AG
feel free to contact me.

To be honest I've had a lot of people interested, then they see just how heavy this wood is (It's the real thing) and get cold feet. The moving companies want an additional ~$500 bucks just to get it torn down and put up again and that cost has turned everyone off.

It's way too heavy for a dad and a truck and a socket set to manage so most just end up going with a wal mart one since they can be literally put up in a day or two with a case of beer for cheaper than it is to simply move the heavy ones.

As soon as the weather warms up I'm probably going to pay to have someone tear it down to my trailer so I can haul it out of town. I'm not in a huge rush or anything but I'd like to get it somewhere that it can be used again someday by our other family or someone else. It's too nice to just be sitting there as a place for birds to poop on.
Red Rover
AG
Culdeus, I tried to send you an email. Let me know if you didn't get it. I am planning on redoing my fence this spring so it would be a good time to replace the playground equipment while the fence is down.
culdeus
AG
Sure will do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.