Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Mayor Election

39,363 Views | 427 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by FincAg
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't disagree at all, but the DA is an elected position, so influence is limited.

Faith wasn't perfect by any stretch, but she wouldn't be putting up with this BS.
Ol Jock 99
AG
hatchback said:

I want to apologize for being so combative today. I had a rough day at the office and this was an easy avenue to air my frustrations. Typically, I'm very level headed when it comes to this stuff. Today was the exception.

Sorry, metroplex board.
All good. Hope tomorrow is better.
YouBet
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Don't disagree at all, but the DA is an elected position, so influence is limited.

Faith wasn't perfect by any stretch, but she wouldn't be putting up with this BS.
I know but damn some heavy influence needs to be used here. Like a full court press from Mayor and Council, but they are all Democrats so that is wishful thinking.
Bocephus
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

CastleRock said:

Mayor Johnson during the campaign, scoffing at Griggs assertions that we need to address public safety:

"We need to stop alarming people by falsely alerting them we are in a public safety "crisis".

YIKES. Sounds pretty stupid in hindsight.
We aren't in a crisis. We have a clear spike in specific communities with specific individuals. Concerning and need of significant attention? Yes. Crisis? No.

Oh, and we had a nutball who didn't hurt anyone today.

What constitutes a crisis?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wide spread impact across. A good example would be if your department loses too many more officers.
Bocephus
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Wide spread impact across. A good example would be if your department loses too many more officers.

So since we are down 900 officers from where we should be, is it a crisis?
Ol Jock 99
AG
I thought the magic number was 1000...but at any rate, I'm not playing semantics with you. We don't have a "murder crisis", and Griggs was an ass for painting it as such. He'll have time to think about it now.
Bocephus
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

I thought the magic number was 1000...but at any rate, I'm not playing semantics with you. We don't have a "murder crisis", and Griggs was an ass for painting it as such. He'll have time to think about it now.

The magic number is 3900 officers. We are at 3000 if you include the recruits in the academy. So 900-1000 down. Btw, rumor is that Hall is fired. 2nd hand from a city council member.
FincAg
AG
Are you Scott Griggs?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.