Metroplex
Sponsored by

Seeking family attorney Fort Worth

2,451 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SuzyQ06
JustinAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In need of attorney to write a response (or give advice as to how we can do on our own) to a lawsuit from the state regarding child support. Both parents are in agreement that neither should pay child support. Child is 16, and covered by both parents separately through private health insurance providers. Found link below to respond without an attorney, but don't know if it is acceptable. Getting costs from a couple of law firms between $2k - $5l, thought I'd reach out to Aggie law community. Are the costs reasonable for what both paries are seeking? Got served on Dec 19.

Can be reached at bjspencer06 at gmail. Thanks!

https://texaslawhelp.org/checklist/instructions-forms-filing-answer-modification-case
JR Ewingford
Might check out Justin Sisemore. I'm not 100% that's what you need but visit his webpage for details. Great guy.
Matsui
AG
Highly recommend

https://deckerpoole.com/practices/civil-commercial-litigation/family-law/

Fort Worth based. We know them personally as well.
JustinAg97
AG
Ewing and Matsui, thank you for the recs!
SuzyQ06
Give me a call.

Gardner & Smith

817-737-4000

This should be a pretty simple issue. I've been able to get the AG "out" of a child support issue relatively easily. Happy to chat with you.
ToddyHill
AG
91AggieLawyer
AG
Traci Hutton in Grapevine.

https://www.tracihutton.com/
gomerschlep
AG
SuzyQ06 said:

Give me a call.

Gardner & Smith

817-737-4000

This should be a pretty simple issue. I've been able to get the AG "out" of a child support issue relatively easily. Happy to chat with you.
TechLawAggie
AG
I am an attorney in Fort Worth and agree that this would be a very good idea.

SuzyQ06 said:

Give me a call.

Gardner & Smith

817-737-4000

dcAg
WHy not pay child support and have your ex wire money to you ever payment. You can do that on a mobile app and dont have to come out of pocket for $2k-$5k. Or just set up a joint bank account and have ex wire money there. Then after the support times out close the account.
HBCanine08
AG
Dan Bacalis

https://www.dbacalis.com/
Duncan Idaho
dcAg said:

WHy not pay child support and have your ex wire money to you ever payment. You can do that on a mobile app and dont have to come out of pocket for $2k-$5k. Or just set up a joint bank account and have ex wire money there. Then after the support times out close the account.

They are divorced. The one bit of good that comes from a decree is certainty. Paying a lawyer file a motion to modify is a bargain compared to the risk of her getting pissed and either not refunding the money or going after you for all the times she did.
SuzyQ06
dcAg said:

In a perfect world, where everyone trusts everyone else, owns up to mistakes, and never gets greedy, then that could work. But I have never seen that situation work (and I have seen that exact scenario several times--and I'm always having to fix it--so by all means, please keep my number handy if any of you do that). Although, the only people calling me are those with problems, so my sample is inherently skewed.

But from the scenario described above, someone isn't being honest with the other. If the kids have private health care, and the AG suddenly pops up seeking to change support, then they are being asked to intervene by one parent or the other. I see this all the time too. The obligee (the parent receiving child support) affirmatively reaches out to the AG. Obligor (the one paying) gets a notice. Obligor and obligee are cordial--probably good co-parents even--and obligor says, "Hey!? What is this?" Obligee: "I have no idea, I got one too. I wish they would just leave us alone."

The AG almost always gets out of the picture if no one wants them there (and both kids are covered under private health insurance). And as far as just relying on the other parent's honesty--that will keep me employed and hopping for a long time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.