Metroplex
Sponsored by

LOST AGGIE RING/FOUND '15 RING BEING SOLD BY STORE IN BEDFORD

2,584 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by speakz15
speakz15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

I lost my Aggie ring in early November at the Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas. I have filed a Dallas County Police Report, searched the museum, and posted with the Association. It is a 6 1/4 with a small diamond and the inscription is Hannah G Weger '15.

While on my usual eBay/Craigslist search, I was able to find a post for a lost '15 ring:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Balfour-2015-10K-Yellow-Gold-Texas-A-M-Class-Ring-Size-8-5/382534584627?hash=item5910d68933%3Ag%3AhFsAAOSwAoFbZJ2a%3Ark%3A12%3Apf%3A0&fbclid=IwAR1DbOlHpPsUKbBuD7vDztQGGg94qdAIj7nRmWXuhpiRTgIWE1TMN1cmvRY

the name is clearly blurred by photoshop and the seller is in Bedford.
Hincemm
AG
hmmm...i can stop there on the way home to check it out if you like.

do you have a copy of the police report you could email me?
speakz15
AG
Oh this one is definitely not mine, but it is someone's! Mines a 6 1/4 natural finish with a small diamond with Hannah G. Weger engraved. Although, hopefully someone can go by there any call up the Association and get in touch with the owner!
Hincemm
AG
ah...ok. may want to send that ebay link to the association.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bedford Gold & Silver is right around the corner from my house. I can probably swing by and ask to see the ring for myself & get the name off of it.
speakz15
AG
Apparently, the store removed the inscription.
Yesterday
AG
Believe it or not, people sell their Aggie rings. They're not all lost or stolen. Hope you find yours!
powerbelly
AG
03ki11erAG said:

Believe it or not, people sell their Aggie rings. They're not all lost or stolen. Hope you find yours!

This
wbt5845
AG
If the store has any thoughts that the ring is stolen, they will melt it right away. Only way they put it on display is if they have a clear record of ownership. If the cops come in and think it's stolen, the store is out everything they paid for it.
Reload8098
AG
This sucks. But you can replace it. I had to replace my original. My original ring came in one size larger than I ordered it. Lost it in the Gulf. Thankfully I lost it before my Dad, '47, gave me a diamond to put in my ring. Ironically the second ring came back one size SMALLER than what I ordered, so I sadly only wear it on game days as it is so extremely tight. I'm hesitant to send it in for resizing as I've heard horror stories about diamonds being altered/replaced with lesser quality diamonds.
I hope you recover your ring and at a minimum hope the diamond wasn't something of historical sentimental value.
aviationag
AG
Hannah-

I just happened to drive by the Nasher a few moments ago and thought of you and your ring.
If i can do anything I'm willing to go over for an hour and walk around if you think you lost it outside. Feel free to pm me. Also, I agree with the poster who suggested sending those links from EBAY to the Association. You just never know if you can help reconnect someone with their ring!
speakz15
AG
Aw thank you so so much! I searched the museum high and low and definitely lost it for sure inside because we didn't actually go outside.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.