Metroplex
Sponsored by

Dallas Moving Company

3,121 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jtmoney03
Jack Bristow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions for a moving company?

Moving a few miles from Uptown area.

Thank you in advance.
Braxton.Sherrill
AG
picazo and sons
214-518-9151

I used them last month - best price i found and I got quotes from 5 companies. Also best experience I've had with all my moves.

Also, guy in lakewood we just did a home loan for used them and had same experience. They even installed fridge, came back next day to help hang pictures etc.

They are hands down the best i've dealt with.

Guy we did loan for, did their flat fee vs hourly (which is what I did). If you have 3-4+ bed house I would think about doing the flat fee with them.

powerbelly
AG
I have used AB multiple times without complaints
BrianDemarais
AG
Fantastic Moves! Aggie owned. Has moved my work, friends, clients, and myself. When I recommended them to my boss recently for our office move he agreed to use them although he had found "cheaper options". Afterwards, he said they were the best movers he's ever had and even though the hourly was the cheapest it definitely saved money because they actually worked hard and worked the whole time. Whereas a cheaper company would take breaks and slack
Ornlu
AG
I see TONS of "Little Guys Movers" trucks. Never used em so can't speak to quality, but they must do a lot of volume.
DFWTLR
AG
Second for AB, just used them a month ago. Move went into the next day and the guys showed up at 6 the next morning to finish up.

Good luck!
Rice and Fries
DFWTLR said:

Second for AB, just used them a month ago. Move went into the next day and the guys showed up at 6 the next morning to finish up.

Good luck!

This is the second time I've had someone mention AB today.
nai06
AG
Another vote for AB moving. They were great and worked quickly.
BosAG06
AG
Hate to bust the party up but we moved in July, used AB and they were not good at all. We moved just 3 miles in the same community and it was extremely obvious that because it was a short move that they moved as slow as they could to milk the clock. It took them 3 hours to move only our large items from a 1500 sq ft. house, not a single box.. Not to mention one of the guys took a dump in our old house, on the clock, without asking. I found out as I walked past the bathroom and heard the fan running. They then requested to use the bathroom at the new place as well. They were not very professional and I would not use them again besides them being cheap.
Garrelli 5000
AG
When we moved in 2010 we used AB, and they were a mess. They goofed up the schedule so we stood outside our storage facility for an hour waiting for them to get resources. Ended up with 2 guys hauling what looked like a horse trailer.

In the end they moved our stuff, and nothing was broken, but it was a bit of a s*** show.
Take the trash out staff.
big ben
AG
Used AB last year and no complaints other than they didnt show up exactly on time but they took great care of our stuff and only charged $330 to move 3 bedroom townhome full of stuff about 2 miles.
Ag20??
AG
I cannot recommend AB Moving. They had 541 square feet of completely packed up apartment to move half a mile and took 3 hours to do it. They drag their feet something fierce and charged me an entire hour extra for five minutes over the blocked time. They'll get your stuff where it needs to be but they're not going to be efficient about it.

My girlfriend recently used KT (or K&T, unsure) moving and watching them do her apartment vs AB Moving with mine, I'd really wished I'd gone with K&T. And I will next time I move, or that Picazio company perhaps.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I used AB several times with no complaints but that was a few years ago
big ben
AG
I told AB I am doing fixed price and not hourly, so they busted a$$.
jtmoney03
AG
Another vote for AB. And I've found that when you have the option between flat vs hourly, always go flat. They work harder and usually have an extra man, because their profit has to come even with the flat and they are taking a risk that they won't get it done in enough time to profit if they don't. We did a 2100 sq ft to a 3450 sq ft with stairs. They were done in about 5 and a half hours. $510. Tipped the two worker bees $25 and the foreman $50.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.