Metroplex
Sponsored by

Moving to Ft. Worth

1,648 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Quinn
Wildman15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll be relocating to the DFW area from Tyler in a couple of weeks. Looking to move to the Ft. Worth area. Any suggestions on where to look? Where to avoid? Looking to rent a home/duplex for the time being.
wbt5845
AG
Where is the job and what's your commuting tolerance? Makes a big difference with traffic.
Wildman15
AG
I'll be working from home as a sales rep covering the entire metroplex
AgBQ-00
AG
What is important to you? Schools, newer or older neighborhood? Do you have kids what kind of stuff do you want close by?
gomerschlep
AG
Have kids? Single or married? These are also big factors
wbt5845
AG
Wildman15 said:

So if you need to cover from east to west, you'll want to be in the mid-cities somewhere. You'll here lots of people here talk up Colleyville, Southlake, Coppell and Grapevine. They're all lovely places to live with great schools - but quite expensive.

You'll hear less about the "other" mid-cities like Hurst, Euless, Bedford and Arlington. But they all have fantastic neighborhoods and good schools as well (as long as you're careful about which feeder pattern you move into). And those suburbs will offer you a little better ability to travel around the Metroplex.
Macarthur
wbt5845 said:

Wildman15 said:

So if you need to cover from east to west, you'll want to be in the mid-cities somewhere. You'll here lots of people here talk up Colleyville, Southlake, Coppell and Grapevine. They're all lovely places to live with great schools - but quite expensive.

You'll hear less about the "other" mid-cities like Hurst, Euless, Bedford and Arlington. But they all have fantastic neighborhoods and good schools as well (as long as you're careful about which feeder pattern you move into). And those suburbs will offer you a little better ability to travel around the Metroplex.
And let me add the northern part of N. Richland Hills. the area off Precinct Line Road is nice.
My Dad Earl
AG
Aledo

...but that would be a long drive if you are needing to have access to other parts of the Metroplex. Beautiful area though.
'03ag
wbt5845 said:

Wildman15 said:

I'm partially to HEB but I grew up there. Live on the southern edge of Colleyville now, practically Bedford. In the Bedford Heights > Bedford Junior High > LD Bell feeder. I like living here a lot, but again the area is "home."
Wildman15
AG
Thanks y'all!
Quinn
AG
Macarthur said:

wbt5845 said:

Wildman15 said:

And let me add the northern part of N. Richland Hills. the area off Precinct Line Road is nice.
North Hurst off Precinct Line was going to be my suggestion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.