Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lost Aggie Ring

6,037 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by speakz15
AgEng14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

I recently lost my Aggie Ring in the irving/las colinas area. Just wanted to post in case anyone happens to hear of any lost and found rings. I'm class of '14.
Matsui
AG
Check pawn shops around where you lost it. Also report it lost to former student assoc
txaggie_2011
AG
I'm sorry to hear that. In case someone finds it in a pawn shop or elsewhere, you should report the ring as lost to The Association: https://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/lostandfound.aspx

While you're doing that, make sure your information is up to date so you can be contacted if someone finds it and turns it in to The Association: https://www.aggienetwork.com/profile/aggie.aspx
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
What's the name engraved inside the ring? There's been 10 pawned in the last month and a half in Dallas County.
CowDog
AG
Lost my original one nearly 10 years ago.

Doubt my name would help me find it.

ugh.
AgEng14
AG
JonesingAg said:

What's the name engraved inside the ring? There's been 10 pawned in the last month and a half in Dallas County.
Kevin Paul Edwards is engraved it it. Do you know a way to check with pawn shops short of calling each individual one?
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
kevin021092 said:

JonesingAg said:

Kevin Paul Edwards is engraved it it. Do you know a way to check with pawn shops short of calling each individual one?
I'll check tomorrow and see if there's any hits with '14 or Edwards.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Nothing with Edwards or '14 but it's not like they always list all of their items truthfully either. Sorry couldn't help further.
AgEng14
AG
Thanks for checking!
double aught
AG
So how does it work if the owner of an Aggie ring shows up to a pawn shop and wants their ring back? I guess they just have to pay to get it, regardless of how it got there?
wbt5845
AG
double aught said:

So how does it work if the owner of an Aggie ring shows up to a pawn shop and wants their ring back? I guess they just have to pay to get it, regardless of how it got there?
You call the police. They come in and confiscate it as stolen merchandise and the pawn shop is screwed.

But most pawn shop owners will know the ring is stolen and will melt it just as quickly as they can.
Yesterday
AG
wbt5845 said:

double aught said:

You call the police. They come in and confiscate it as stolen merchandise and the pawn shop is screwed.

But most pawn shop owners will know the ring is stolen and will melt it just as quickly as they can.

First part is partially true. Second is not.
Yesterday
AG
double aught said:

If your ring is stolen and if a pawnshop violates state law and purchases said ring with someone else's name then you simply report it to the police, they'll place the item on hold to investigate, once they find probable cause that it's in fact your ring and it was in fact stolen then they will set up a property hearing where you will be given the opportunity to prove it's yours. Once the judge awards the ring back to its rightful owner you can get your ring back.

Pawnshop's are highly regulated by numerous agencies. If you're caught buying class rings with differing names you will lose your pawn license which is very hard and expensive to get. When I buy class rings I check the name, if it doesn't have a name I ask what school they graduated from, what class year they were etc. Petty criminals are stupid. They won't put in the time to actually understand what they have.

I've loaned on many Aggie rings, all of which were Aggies who needed some cash. Most came back for them and I have several in my possession stilll who have not come back. I'll hold onto these forever.

There are no doubt a select few of bad or less than honest pwnbrokers out there but they're weeding out quickly. This is a profession where money can be made honestly. Publicly traded companies and small entrepreneurs aren't willing to risk hundreds of thousands of dollars on stolen merchandise

If anyone ever wants to experience a pawnshop for a day just let me know. I'd love to host any of you.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I always thought my name in my ring looks like it's written in Sanskrit, so I always wondered if any would would be able to read it if lost.
speakz15
AG
Following up on this. I found this ad on eBay!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Balfour-2015-10K-Yellow-Gold-Texas-A-M-Class-Ring-Size-8-5/382534584627?hash=item5910d68933%3Ag%3AhFsAAOSwAoFbZJ2a%3Ark%3A12%3Apf%3A0&fbclid=IwAR1DbOlHpPsUKbBuD7vDztQGGg94qdAIj7nRmWXuhpiRTgIWE1TMN1cmvRY

The shop is in Bedford, the name is clearly blurred out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.