Metroplex
Sponsored by

Licensed plumber and HVAC suggestion, as well as foundation repair in Mid Cities area

1,309 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nai06
Up&ComingAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm helping out a family member with getting some repairs on their home that they have on the market, in response to the home inspection.

I'm looking for licensed suggestions for a plumber to look at their 2 hot water heaters and make sure they are up to code, as well as licensed HVAC to do a general cleaning and assessment of the system, prior to them closing.

The buyers also had a foundation repair company out, who suggested 8 piers being added in the master bedroom area of the home, but I'd like to get a second or third opinion for them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
AW 1880
AG
Rob Sandifer - Elect Air Services
972-422-9009
akaggie05
AG
Quote:

2 hot water heaters and make sure they are up to code

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with this. An inspector will call out things that aren't up to current code, but there is no reason to do anything as long as everything was done properly at the time of install. You can do a lot more harm by messing with 5-10 year old water heaters than just letting them be. When they go out, the new ones can be installed per current code.
metrag06
AG
The AC Lady

817-267-6563

Family has used her for years at several houses.
hbkyle
AG
I believe the AC Lady retired or cut way back. She referred us to someone else recently (or maybe she was just tired of me!)

I'll try to find the info for the company she referred us to.
aggielostinETX
AG
Up&ComingAg03 said:

I'm helping out a family member with getting some repairs on their home that they have on the market, in response to the home inspection.

I'm looking for licensed suggestions for a plumber to look at their 2 hot water heaters and make sure they are up to code, as well as licensed HVAC to do a general cleaning and assessment of the system, prior to them closing.

The buyers also had a foundation repair company out, who suggested 8 piers being added in the master bedroom area of the home, but I'd like to get a second or third opinion for them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Inspectors point out things that aren't up to current code but could have been code when installed.
It's how they justify themselves sometimes.

Offer a concession on price instead of messing with any of it.
big ben
AG
S&W foundation out of Richardson, Tom is a PH.D. in foundation repair, google him.
nai06
AG
We used Integrity Foundation Repair when we sold our home.
http://www.ifrdfw.com/

We initially had Structured Foundation out to give us a quote and their recommendation was 33 piers with 12 being interior piers for a grand total of $16K. Seeing that number gave us some serious questions so we asked around. Integrity quoted us half the piers and less than a third of the cost with a lifetime warranty.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.