Metroplex
Sponsored by

45 South

1,037 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tree91
Post removed:
by user
hatchback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A lot of the land around 45 between 175 and Interstate 20 is floodplain for the Trinity River. There's also the landfill at 20 & 45 as well as the Hutchins State Jail. Not exactly the most direable land from a development perspective.

Once you get further south of 20 there have been a significant number of warehouses and distribution centers that have popped up in response to the inland port facility built near Wilmer.
ursusguy
AG
Floods semi frequently
walton91
My question about 45 South: how the hell is 45 STILL under construction in/around Corsicana? Unless I'm mistaken that stretch has been under construction for about 30 years now
wbt5845
AG
The Trinity levees end just below Corinth Street. Any land down river is not fit for much more than dumps, rendering plants and junk yards.
HarleySpoon
AG
Quick bit of trivia. Most towns in Texas built their stockyards and slaughter houses on the north side of towns due to the prevailing winds from the south.......including both Dallas and Fort Worth.
tree91
AG
hatchback said:

A lot of the land around 45 between 175 and Interstate 20 is floodplain for the Trinity River. There's also the landfill at 20 & 45 as well as the Hutchins State Jail. Not exactly the most direable land from a development perspective.

Once you get further south of 20 there have been a significant number of warehouses and distribution centers that have popped up in response to the inland port facility built near Wilmer.
This. I expect more development in the Wilmer area as the Intermodal traffic continues to evolve. I also am seeing more growth in the Ferris to Ennis area. Ennis has had a backwards-thinking city council for many years that purposefully ******ed its growth with silly restrictions. That council has been replaced finally, and growth there is starting to happen. (Bucee's is coming soon!) I think the people of Ennis got tired of Waxahachie leaving them in the dust.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.