Metroplex
Sponsored by

2018 Touch A Truck

1,629 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TXAggieMom11
BeardofZeus01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I, both Class of '01, are organizing our fourth annual Touch A Truck event this fall in NE Tarrant County, benefiting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Two of our three children, 10 and 6, are engaged in the daily fight against this devastating disease and our desire is to raise awareness and funds in the search for a cure for them, and the other 30,000 folks diagnosed in the US.

This is a family centric event in which we'll have 85+ unique vehicles for kids to climb and explore. Vehicles that they wouldn't normally be able to see up close and personal ... police, SWAT, fire, helicopters, construction, heavy equipment, military, monster trucks, etc. The event, Touch a Truck DFW, will be held at the Birdville Football Stadium parking lot from 10:00am-3:00pm on Sunday October 7th. Admission is $5 for ages 3 and up and, in addition to the vehicles, we'll have food and local vendors, with all proceeds further funding the search for a cure for CF. The FDA, over the past 3 years, has already approved 2 medications that treat the basic underlying defect that causes the complications of CF, and we are closer than ever to making CF the first genetic disease in history that has ever been "cured". Multiple other medications are in the "pipeline" and they are exhibiting qualities to be both more effective at controlling symptoms and covering a broader segment of the CF population. We would love to have you bring the family out for a day of fun and exploration while helping us move the search for a cure forward.

Feel free to reach out to us at touchatruckdfw@gmail.com with inquiries and qustions.

And please like us on Facebook and check back there for future updates and to check out the vehicles committed to the event:

[url=https://m.facebook.com/touchatruckdfw][/url][url=https://m.facebook.com/touchatruckdfw][/url]https://m.facebook.com/touchatruckdfw

Thanks for your consideration and we look forward to seeing you out at the event!

Gmj003
AG
Great event! The kids had a blast last year and can't wait for Sunday.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Bump. Because OP is good people and my kids always have a blast.
txag2008
AG
My boy is finally old enough to bring him. Looking forward to it.
BeardofZeus01
AG
Since the weather forecast is looking a little wet starting around 1:00pm, we are going to start letting folks through the gate a little early at 9:30am so there will still be plenty of time to explore. Please come out and see us tomorrow and have a great time!!
Raptor
AG
Our family of raptors will be there!!!
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

MattAg06
AG
Great event! My 16 month old, truck obsessed son loved it!
txag2008
AG
Really enjoyed it with the boy this morning. Awesome event.
Raptor
AG
Great event. We had a blast. Thanks for opening early.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

BeardofZeus01
AG
Thanks to everyone who brought their kiddos out and supported us at TaT 2018!!! Even though the threat of rain chased off a few folks, a few committed vehicles and even our helicopter landing, we were still able to raise over $27,000 to support efforts researching a cure!!! You all are very much appreciated and we hope you had an amazing time. See y'all in 2019!!!
TXAggieMom11
I had never heard of it until last Friday. A lady I work with told me about it and that her daughter was taking her 3 year old grandson, Monday I got to see pictures. The smiles on that little guys face was enormous! He and his two friends had a ball!
Congratulations on the success of the event! I will make a point to share it with friends next year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.