Metroplex
Sponsored by

T-Mobile coverage?

1,263 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by culdeus
Ol Sarge Friday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shopping for a new cell phone plan and T-Mobile seems to have to best current deal. I had T-Mobile about 10 years ago and the coverage wasn't great. Curious to hear if current T-Mobile customers on here are happy with the service?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I have had them for 6 years. Live near Firewheel. Highly recommend.

Very seldom have problem. Love the spam blocking feature.

I have used them all over Europe, Australia and New Zealand. There is no extra charge for that.

Only problem I have with them are the store front locations. They are franchises I think, loaded with high pressure former used car sales people/jk (my experience with Verizon was the same.

Suggest you deal with them via the Tmobile website or 800 number.

EDIT- Not sure of other providers but I went to TMobile because they were month to month...no contracts. If they don't do they right thing, tell them adios. Perhaps others do that today, but they were the first.
Cooter00
I had them for 10+ years. Job changed and started traveling more (US). Several times I had no coverage and colleague on ATT had fine coverage. So I switched. Also like the discounts I got with wireless/dish/internet.

So , no T-Mobile coverage is not so good
chrisocker
AG
Where are you going to be, OP, for coverage? I travel within the US and have had no problems except for one - downtown Plano. Calls are fine but data is SLOW in that area. No big deal elsewhere.
Bird Poo
AG
Switched last February. I go all over Dallas and take the train to work. No issues with service.

I was in Seattle 2 weeks ago and my crew went up to Mt. Rainier. I had LTE service all the way to the mountain and my At&t buddies had zero service.

For the price, it can't be beat. They have some fantastic deals and their coverage has now surpassed Verizon and At&t's. I pay $108 for 3 lines, unlimited data, and hotspots for all 3. Big fan of them, but I do understand that they had growing pains 10 years ago.
'03ag
Had them back around 02 or 03 and it was very mediocre.

Since then I've had all major carriers and just recently switched from Sprint back to Tmobile. We love it. Haven't had any service trouble but we don't travel that much. Was a huge upgrade over sprint at least. Been too long since I had Verizon or AT&T.

They pay your Netflix bill which is nice.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
One other thing about Tmobile. (I know, I sound like like a salesman and I am not)

When I went to them several years ago, I was concerned about coverage. The loaned me a phone for a day to drive around DFW to check out their coverage. You might ask them if they will do that. That sold me. They had weak spots but so does everyone else.

I had weak coverage at my home and they gave me a booster .....for free. That problem no longer exists but I still have that booster in my closet.

My big issue, if you don't like their service you are month to month and you can leave.

bco2003
AG
T-Mobile's coverage has improved immensely the last few years. I have been with them since 2009 and am pleased with my experience.
Ol Sarge Friday
Follow up to OP. Pulled the trigger. So far so good. Buy one, get one on the phone and $30/month less than I was paying with ATT. So far coverage has not been a problem at all. Happy with T-mobile.
culdeus
AG
Coverage in town is great. In rural areas you can get huge deadzones of data, but phone/sms is usually ok.

In crowds like at football games data is hopeless. Their towers get overwhelmed instantly.

The Wifi calling is an underrated feature of Tmo if that has any interest.

Their One plan if under contract has overseas data and calling if that is of interest. You'd pay a mortgage payment at ATT for that. Keep in mind that TMo will kick you off the One plan if you spend more than a couple months overseas in the course of a year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.