Metroplex
Sponsored by

Anyone put a pool in recently?

1,753 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mojave
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're considering it. Just curious to hear recent experiences, good and bad.
cadetjay02
AG
No problems with Riverbend a couple years ago. What part of town are you in?
MarleyFeed97
AG
Built this Spring in Alliance (N Ft Worth/Keller). Used Puryear and was happy with them for construction phase... service dept. hasn't been as impressive.
-MarleyFeed97
MCaggie02
Used Water Wizard out of Fort Worth last year...process was pretty great. Warranty service has been awesome as well for the couple of small issues we've had. Highly recommend Steve!
Old School Brother
We just put one in at our house in Denton County, about 5 miles north of Texas Motor Speedway. We used a husband and wife company called All Star Service Contractors. Our experience was great. The owner was the construction manager for Klapprodt Pools for several years before going out on his own. His wife does all of the CAD work to give you 3D drawings of your pool design. We had multiple companies out to quote and these guys spent way more time than everyone else figuring out what we wanted and came in with the lowest budget. They work on a cost plus model. We ended up right on budget even with a couple of changes we made along the way.
BMF 05
AG
Stay far far away from Prestige Pools out of Frisco.
BigNastyNate
AG
BMF 05 said:

Stay far far away from Prestige Pools out of Frisco.

Why? Just curious as we quoted them.
BMF 05
AG
I think the nice way to explain is that they appear to be going through some growing pains. Their construction department has been a clown show.
BanderaAg956
Call Pool Quest - Walter is a good Ag, Class of '84
Mojave
AG
drevans956 said:

I called Pool Quest. First guy I called because he is an Ag. Walter came to my home. Worked up some CAD drawings and ideas. The next week I called and left several messages. He never called me back so I moved on. I had several contractors out. Our project was ~$75K, included covered patio/cabana and outdoor kitchen.

From my memory:
Pool Quest didn't return calls.
Mid-Cities Pools Really nice folks but a little cookie-cutter. Seemed like the fast-food types of pools.
Signature Pools Insulting and offensive. Told us we didn't understand what we wanted. My wife had to literally ask the dude to leave.
J. Caldwell great people. They warned us about things I didn't believe turned out to be right. Should have hired them.
Paul Miller We hired Paul Miller. Should have hired J. Caldwell. Too many cut-corners and mostly hands-off. Not a disaster (I tend to nit-pick a bit) but there are a few pretty basic screw-ups they did. I recommend avoiding.

There were a couple others but nothing really stood out one way or another.
wcb
AG
Mojave said:

drevans956 said:

I called Pool Quest. First guy I called because he is an Ag. Walter came to my home. Worked up some CAD drawings and ideas. The next week I called and left several messages. He never called me back so I moved on. I had several contractors out. Our project was ~$75K, included covered patio/cabana and outdoor kitchen.

From my memory:
Mid-Cities Pools Really nice folks but a little cookie-cutter. Seemed like the fast-food types of pools.
Signature Pools Insulting and offensive. Told us we didn't understand what we wanted. My wife had to literally ask the dude to leave.
J. Caldwell great people. They warned us about things I didn't believe turned out to be right. Should have hired them.
Paul Miller We hired Paul Miller. Should have hired J. Caldwell. Too many cut-corners and mostly hands-off. Not a disaster (I tend to nit-pick a bit) but there are a few pretty basic screw-ups they did. I recommend avoiding.

Any chance you'd post pics? That's pretty much what we're looking for.
Mojave
AG
wcb said:

Mojave said:

drevans956 said:

From my memory:

Any chance you'd post pics? That's pretty much what we're looking for.
10th post down, from the last time this topic came up:
https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/2953698
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.