Metroplex
Sponsored by

Knox Street Pub?

2,298 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Mr_mo8268
chrisocker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trying to find a spot to watch the game on the 30th and several searches showed Knox Street Pub was once the destination for Aggie Watch Parties. However, the last mention I could find on that front was from 6 years ago.

Is that still the case? And even if not, would you recommend it?

Thanks for your help, Ags!
Bones08
AG
No, Knox Street Pub is no longer that official Aggie watching party place. That partnership ended about the time your Google searches show. I haven't been there in years so I can't speak to the current quality, but I had some good times there around 2010-2012. Also note that the place is closing in November: https://dallas.eater.com/2018/6/29/17519222/knox-street-pub-closing-november-2018

I'm a little behind with current events, but I'm not sure if this year's Dallas Aggie bar has been announced. It used to be Eberhard (puke) but that place closed and last I saw the building isn't even there anymore.
The Pilot
AG
Knox Street Pub is closing too (in November). The A&M Club should be announcing a game watching site soon.
752bro4
AG
The Pilot said:

Knox Street Pub is closing too (in November). The A&M Club should be announcing a game watching site soon.
Where will new grads go to get roofied by bartenders now? RIP
chrisocker
AG
Good stuff - thank you for the info! Makes sense they would not be the official spot if the place is not renewing it's lease right in the heart of football season.

I'll be working downtown that Thursday so am looking for a spot close by. Now I'm thinking maybe Frankie's? Or just sit back and see what the DAMC comes up with. Saw in another thread they have not yet chosen a spot.

Thanks again!
Grapist
AG
A bunch of us are going to be at the Backyard, I believe. Not far at all from downtown and big ol screens.
chrisocker
AG
Grapist said:

A bunch of us are going to be at the Backyard, I believe. Not far at all from downtown and big ol screens.
Ah yeah I forgot about that spot. The Green Line drops right there, too. Thanks for posting! I'll run it by the small group I'm looking to be with that afternoon.
dave94
AG
I had heard that Bottled Blonde and Backyard were Aggie-owned when they opened. Not sure if that's true, but I wouldn't be opposed to that being the official spot. Despite how the crowd dewshes out at night.
TexasAggie008
AG
Too bad Dou*che-real-hard closed

To think that that was actually our game watch bar (aka closed down during the day nightclub) for 2 years
AggieC07
AG
I haven't seen anything on the Dallas A&M website, but I would assume they would be releasing something soon.

It would be good to have some sound as we are watching.
Boat Shoes
AG
dave94 said:

I had heard that Bottled Blonde and Backyard were Aggie-owned when they opened. Not sure if that's true, but I wouldn't be opposed to that being the official spot. Despite how the crowd dewshes out at night.
From Bottled Blonde's website:

"WE WELCOME FANS TO JOIN US ALL SEASON LONG TO WATCH THEIR FAVORITE TEAM FRONT ROW. WITH 1,000 SQUARE FEET OF HI DEF TVS, AND IN GAME SURROUND SOUND. YOU WON'T MISS A GAME. JUST LIKE YOU, WE WOULD LIKE TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT FOR OUR DALLAS COWBOYS, AND TEXAS A&M."
PrincessButtercup
AG
Stans for game day
ThatOneAg
PrincessButtercup said:

Stans for game day
Bones08
AG
I enjoy Stan's for the most part, just wish there was a bigger patio. Otherwise you risk spending a nice fall day in a darkly-lit bar.

Better than Eberhard for sure though.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Bones08 said:

I enjoy Stan's for the most part, just wish there was a bigger patio. Otherwise you risk spending a nice fall day in a darkly-lit bar.

Eberhard actually got torn down. I was surprised.
powerbelly
AG
Bones08 said:

It is almost impossible to be worse.
PrincessButtercup
AG
powerbelly said:

Bones08 said:

It is almost impossible to be worse.

So true
jefe95
AG
KSP has been the Arkansas spot and the Cleveland Browns on Sundays.

Watched the NFL draft there with the Browns fan club.

Their bourbon collection is amazing. I like that bar. It becomes a different place after 10pm on weekends.
PrincessButtercup
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

Too bad Dou*che-real-hard closed

To think that that was actually our game watch bar (aka closed down during the day nightclub) for 2 years

Parlay, Concrete Cowboy, and Clutch sucked too
Grapist
AG
The Dallas Ags Club just posted hate the official watch spot is Clutch. What a joke. A very large group of us will be at Backyard for most games. A much, much better environment and bar.
The Pilot
AG
So apparently all you people who have previously complained about the game watching site locations haven't volunteered to help select a new venue.
bagger05
AG
Grapist said:

The Dallas Ags Club just posted hate the official watch spot is Clutch. What a joke. A very large group of us will be at Backyard for most games. A much, much better environment and bar.
Never been to Backyard but literally had a friend describe it as "The type of people that used to hang out in Uptown at Concrete Cowboy, Clutch, and Kung Fu moved to Deep Ellum and now hang out at Bottled Blonde and Backyard."

Like I said, never been myself so don't have an opinion on the place. Just thought it was funny.

Not a fan of Clutch as the game watching bar. Same problem you had at Eberhard. Any time the game is during the day, there's nobody there but the people for the A&M game which makes for a lame atmosphere. When the game is at night, you're going to get overrun by the usual clientele which makes for a different kind of lame atmosphere.
PrincessButtercup
AG
The Pilot said:

So apparently all you people who have previously complained about the game watching site locations haven't volunteered to help select a new venue.

Uh, false. People suggest new venues all the time. The suggestions are not listened to.
The Pilot
AG
Dallas A&M Club

I don't want to speak for Abby or anyone at the DAMC but I find it hard to believe that a volunteer-led org would not be open to more volunteers. Step up and help.
Millner5220
AG
...Or the ones in charge of the selection process choose not to read the Metroplex boards. This board has and will continue to rip on these location as long as they're in places like Clutch or Eberhard.
PrincessButtercup
AG
The Pilot said:

Dallas A&M Club

I don't want to speak for Abby or anyone at the DAMC but I find it hard to believe that a volunteer-led org would not be open to more volunteers. Step up and help.

I, along with many others, have spoken to the organizers at the actual events about the location. The response i got was about money, not the need for volunteers.
Grapist
AG
bagger05 said:

Grapist said:

Never been to Backyard but literally had a friend describe it as "The type of people that used to hang out in Uptown at Concrete Cowboy, Clutch, and Kung Fu moved to Deep Ellum and now hang out at Bottled Blonde and Backyard."

Like I said, never been myself so don't have an opinion on the place. Just thought it was funny.

Not a fan of Clutch as the game watching bar. Same problem you had at Eberhard. Any time the game is during the day, there's nobody there but the people for the A&M game which makes for a lame atmosphere. When the game is at night, you're going to get overrun by the usual clientele which makes for a different kind of lame atmosphere.
Bottled Blonde - Yes, it is mostly those types of people.

Backyard is an entirely different vibe.
chrisocker
AG
Yeah it's a strange place where the only thing separating the two is a wall yet the vibe is so inherently different. Definitely dig Backyard.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Surprised they went for Clutch however it seems more about money than the experience. I hope they negioted sound for the night games. I can't imagine a club that does 6 figures on a Saturday night is thrilled about not playing music at 10pm so A&M fans can finish the game. And parking will be tough too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.