Metroplex
Sponsored by

Load, ready, aim, fire! BOOM!

741 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Red Pear Realty
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Please Welcome New Sponsor, Red Pear Realty!

Howdy Ags!

My name is Jamie Poirier, '09, and my company, Red Pear Realty, is now offering Rebate and Flat Fee realty services throughout the great State of Texas, so you can do more of the things you do, instead of paying big commissions!

Jamie ('09), Evelyn ('39?), and Megan Poirier ('10)

I've been a real estate agent since my time at A&M in the Master of Real Estate program. Since then, a lot has changed in our industry with the introduction of technology and resources for both real estate professionals as well as for buyers and sellers. (One of my favorite facts is that your cell phone is more powerful than the computers my grandfather and the other mission controllers at NASA used to put men on the Moon!) My goal for Red Pear Realty is to leverage these innovations (and do a bit of innovating myself) to help change the industry from a commission based model to a fee based model for the benefit of you, the consumer.

So what exactly do we do?

Rebates for Buyers
The biggest complaint I hear from buyers is that they found their house and their agent just helped with the contract. With Red Pear Realty, you pick out your house, and we take over from there--helping you with the negotiations, contracts, and ultimately through closing on your new home. Typically in Texas, sellers pay their agent 6%, who in turn pays the buyer's agent 3% at closing. With Red Pear Realty, because you've done lots of the work yourself, we will only keep 1%, and refund YOU the difference, 2%.

Here's a buyer's example with numbers:
You find a home for sale, go see it, and decide you want to make an offer. Call or email us, and we take over from there. On this house, you agree on a purchase price of $200,00 and the seller offers a 3% commission to buyer's agents. At closing, either as cash to help cover your closing costs or buy down your rate, or as a reduction in purchase price, you will keep 2%, or $4,000, and Red Pear Realty will keep 1%, or $2,000. Since the seller is paying this fee anyway, you come out way ahead!

Flat fee for Sellers
We will list your house for $1,200. We don't take a commission, and offer you the same great service you'd expect anywhere else. Easy, right?

Here's a seller's example with numbers:
You have a $200,000 investment property in College Station that you'd like to sell. Go to the Seller's page on our website, and checkout. You pay us only $1,200 and ultimately save $4,800 vs. the traditional 3% commission model. We still highly encourage you to pay buyer's agents 3%, but we do not keep any of this.

Currently, we can offer our Rebate and Flat Fee services to buyers and sellers in the Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Bryan-College Station markets. However, if you want to buy or sell in an area that we don't currently cover, please let us know! We want to serve all of Texas! We are excited to be part of the TexAgs team and would be honored to earn your business, so you can do more of the things you do, instead of paying big commissions!

Gig 'em,

Jamie Poirier '09
Owner / Broker
(713) 300-6463
save@myredpear.com
https://www.myredpear.com/
PrincessButtercup
AG
Curious, what's the story behind the name? Always interested in that. And super cute tiny Aggie you've got there.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
She is awesome. I always wanted kids but i has no idea how much fun she would be. I call her my "half me".

And I was hoping I could explain the name someday! Our last name, Poirier, is French. Poir means Pear, so at some point way back, somebody was a Pear farmer or salesman. And the "Red" part is a way longer, less interesting story.

(Story timeI always thought I was French but my sister made me do a DNA test this summer for her genealogy addiction, and it turns out I'm almost all British/Irish/Scottish.)

Cheers,

Jamie
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.