Metroplex
Sponsored by

Residential Contractors - Richardson Area

1,452 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Texker
TheFonz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have an older house in Richardson and are interested in remodeling kitchen, a bathroom and adding wood floors. Does anyone have any good residential contractor recommendations in this area? Thanks.
chick79
AG
Heritage Stonecraft in Garland. They did our kitchen. Fabulous job!
BMF 05
AG
Give me a call or shoot me a text. I'll send you some photos of our work. Would be happy to look at your project.

469-358-3503
Blair
Texker
AG
Gonna need the same in Rockwall soon.
IFeelLikeLarryDavid
Texker, stay away from S&D. Someone locally will recommend him. Total POS.
Texker
AG
IFeelLikeLarryDavid said:

Texker, stay away from S&D. Someone locally will recommend him. Total POS.
Will do. Thanks!
BrianDemarais
AG
Johnny Marvin with Striker Home Design and roofing. I know Johnny personally and they do good honest business. I work in Insurance have had many clients use Striker and they have also done work at my house. 972-528-7987.
Scriffer
AG
Avoid ATR Floors and Decor. Good guys, but they horribly over promised on the timeline and rushed a lot of pieces. We're going to have to repaint the whole interior within just a few years.
culdeus
AG
If you want something done at the flipper level, I have a guy that does that on the side when not flipping houses.

It's not going to be featured on HGTV or anything, but nowadays with people charging the moon for a simple resurface it's good to have a B- option in the back pocket.

I also have a A+ guy, but to get him to start the truck need to budget at least 100k and works on Cost+15%.

Both will provide pretty detailed bids that I've used against eachother actually, and to sub contract stuff out myself when I could. I'm in Richardson too if you want to scope their work out. PM me if you want.
Texker
AG
BrianDemarais said:

Johnny Marvin with Striker Home Design and roofing. I know Johnny personally and they do good honest business. I work in Insurance have had many clients use Striker and they have also done work at my house. 972-528-7987.
Any idea if they do projects in Rockwall near Lake Ray Hubbard? Just sent them a note through their website.
Texker
AG
So I went with Striker to have some work done on the house we just bought. Things started out fine but their poor internal communication has led to a number of miscues. Also their crew failed to prime the ceiling after they removed the popcorn ceilings and re-textured even though the scope of work clearly called for the ceiling to be primed. They said a second coat of paint hand rolled would even things out. It did somewhat for the areas done so far but it's still uneven. There have been a few successes but so far the negatives outweigh the positives. Proceed with caution.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.