Metroplex
Sponsored by

Grapevine Lake

1,367 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Joe Cole
NomadicAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New to the area, and would like to take the kids (teens) bank fishing. Anyone have suggestions for the best place to go around Grapevine Lake?

Thank you in advance!!
jpd301
AG
Depending on the age of the kids, you may be better off going someplace like the Colleyville Nature Center.
edit - I missed the age in the original post

I personally haven't had much luck bank fishing at Grapevine with the kiddos.

You should cross post this to the Outdoors board.

Also FYI - Check out the Texas Fishing Forum bank fishing board - and the google bank fishing thread inside it among others. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/6/1/Bank_Fishing

Chughes88
AG
Honestly, Grapevine Lake isn't the best bank fishing lake. If you're looking to bank fish, you might try going to Parr Park or Bear Creek Park and fishing in the creek. Always a ton of sunfish, blue gill and the occasional small bass or catfish. I've found it's a lot more productive there then at the lake. Parr Park especially.
AgBQ-00
AG
Growing up we always had luch with crappie around the matina next to oak grove fields. Other than that over by the dam was good. But it has been years since i fished Grapevine
Joe Cole
I spend a lot of time bass fishing Gvine. It's actually a great bank fishing lake, but not this time of year

If you want to catch fish, do like other poster said and go to local park / pond

There are lots of ponds around that are loaded with small fish
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.