Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lost dog in north Plano area

3,753 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by peddler
Absolute
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My idiot former pet sitter took our dogs to petsmart at Parker and 75 then Walmart at spring creek yesterday afternoon. Despite specific instructions not to do that (he does it with his dog despite repeated conversations about what a bad idea it is.

At some point scout either slip out and he did not notice when he was entering or exiting the car.

Scout is a 3 year old coton de tulear shih tzu mix. Neutered, white with cream colored ears. Basically little white Fluffy dog. About 14 lbs. Has an Aggies collar with his name, my name and number.

We are using all other methods, but thought I would post here as well. If anyone hears or sees anything please let me know. Family is very upset. Me the most as this particular dog was basically my shadow for the last 3 years.
Absolute
AG
Here is a link to my wife's Facebook post with pictures. Would appreciate anyone who can help spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/1029992981/posts/10214046301684823
dgb99
AG
I'm not the most facebook savvy person but you might need to update the post to be public. When I click on it on my PC, it says link broken. On my phone it takes me to your wife's profile page but nothing about a dog.

I'll definitely keep an eye out. The only thing I see near me on Nextdoor is a report of a loose white dog on Teddington Park but that's pretty far away from Spring Creek and 75 unless you mean the Walmart at Spring Creek and Coit.

Not sure if you'll be able to see it but here's the Nextdoor post:
https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?post=88040746

Hope you find him!
drewser95
AG
Same for me with the link. Keeping fingers crossed for a quick reunion!
Absolute
AG
Thanks. We are not home so will try to fix the link when we get home.
wangus12
AG
I live right there near Oak Point and will keep my eyes peeled. I run quite a bit and will do some trail loops to see if we can find him
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm so sorry. I hope you find your dog soon and you find solace in smashing the former pet sitters face in with your fist.
Take the trash out staff.
Absolute
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

I'm so sorry. I hope you find your dog soon and you find solace in smashing the former pet sitters face in with your fist.

That is a another level of despair, problems and probably ongoing discomfort, as the idiot in question also happens to be my father.
Absolute
AG
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214170222942186&id=1012263071

Reactivated my Facebook to post directly. See if this link works better.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm so sorry. I laughed out loud. Best of luck.
Absolute
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

I'm so sorry. I laughed out loud. Best of luck.

Laugh or cry I guess. Maybe both. Has raised uncomfortable thoughts and discussion with my wife. If he cannot/will not follow simple and specific instructions and rules regarding my pets, how can I trust that he will follow them regarding times when he is In charge of our daughter. If he sees the restriction as unimportant does he ignore it? I suspect he has and would.

This whole thing should have never happened. There was no reason for my dogs to be in the car. I specifically reminded him NOT to do it and he did anyway. Had scout been hurt, lost,..... Because he ran out of the house I to the street or got away on a walk or had a hammer fall on him, I would be upset, but not mad at my father. Accidents happen. But this one should not have.

Leaves me in a double crappy situation of the unknown with my buddy and not sure how to handle the ungoing with dad.
Absolute
AG
But right now I only care about getting Scout back.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm very sorry and can see my comment sounded insensitive. It was not my intent. My little shadow Maggie passed away 6 weeks ago. I wish I could say something that helps, but I can only pray for Scout's safe and fast return.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Link still isn't working. I'm in a DFW dog group on fb with a ton of members, so I'll share it there once the link is fixed!
Absolute
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

I'm very sorry and can see my comment sounded insensitive. It was not my intent. My little shadow Maggie passed away 6 weeks ago. I wish I could say something that helps, but I can only pray for Scout's safe and fast return.

No worries. I would/wish I could think the same. So funny it is sad. No offense taken. Thanks for being worried about it, but don't be.
Absolute
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

Link still isn't working. I'm in a DFW dog group on fb with a ton of members, so I'll share it there once the link is fixed!

Any chance you can tell me how to fix it? When I click on it, it works. I made the post public. In general I don't use fb at all, so no nothing about it.

If you are will, I am happy to send you the info and you could post it.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Absolute said:

PrincessButtercup said:

Any chance you can tell me how to fix it? When I click on it, it works. I made the post public. In general I don't use fb at all, so no nothing about it.

If you are will, I am happy to send you the info and you could post it.
I used that link to figure out your fb profile. I sent you a message.
Absolute
AG
Ok. I think I responded. Sorry for the Ineptitude at Facebook. Just not my Thing. But if it helps bring Scout home, I will change my tune.
Aries
I hope Scout is found.
PrincessButtercup
AG
https://www.facebook.com/LostPetsPlanoTX/photos/a.1153116374794790.1073741828.881376111968819/1576252172481206/?type=3

Hopefully that link works. I shared it in the fb group as well.
Absolute
AG
Thank you so much!
ThatOneAg
Shared to my feed. Best of luck.
jograki
AG
Any chance this one is Scout? https://www.facebook.com/groups/mckinneycares/permalink/1893194440766753/
Absolute
AG
Nope. Reading down that one is a girl. Looks kinda close though.
Absolute
AG
Did confirm he was chipped (had to get home and look through my records.) I have to think between that and the collar I am pretty easy to get in touch with if someone found him. Have put an alert on him at the chip place. Alerted my vet. Have checked all the nearby shelters.

Kind of afraid someone picked him up and is planning to keep him. He has led a pretty sheltered life and is not particularly brave in new situations or with new people. But I think in the situation as I understand it happening he would have headed toward people in the store rather than running Into the wild. Hard to say.
Absolute
AG
We are offering a 500 dollar reward with no questions asked. Please spread the word. Haven't had any luck so far.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I'll bump the post in the fb group.
Absolute
AG
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10214190243842696&id=1012263071
Absolute
AG
Still nothing. Starting to lose hope. Either he is dead or someone took him and has no intention to return him. I somehow doubt the stupid chip will actually help.

I would turn it over to the outdoor board if I could get Walmart to give me video, but they flat refused to help in any way. Another good reason to avoid that place.
Post removed:
by user
Garrelli 5000
AG
Is it possible he left the door unlocked and the dog was stolen? Maybe that could justify a police report, which could be used to get video from Walmart.

I'm spitballing, no idea if that would work. I also don't know if that would be considered filing a false report.
Absolute
AG
That is certainly possible. Even a pet Samaritan "saving" the poor dog. Weird part would be there were two other small dogs in there with scout. Both actually pure breeds. One definitely more friendly to strangers. Would seem to me that they would have all been taken in that situation.
Absolute
AG
I am leaning to, him being picked up and the person deciding to keep him despite the tags. Can only hope the chip is found if they take him to a vet.

I just cannot understand how someone could do that though.
Absolute
AG
Scout was found this morning! Miraculously a little white fluffy 15 lb dog that had never really roamed farther than his own yard survived 2 weeks in a different city 10 miles away from where we think he was lost. From all appearances he was out the whole timeand not picked up. The people that found him in their alley called from the tag on his collar. He was an absolute mess with matted hair and dirt and has lost 3 or 4 pounds.

Vet checked him out and said he looked amazingly healthy. The lady that grooms him was kind enough to help clean him up (basically had to shave him.)

Thanks again to all that helped spread the word. After this, I definitely have a different attitude toward strays. If you see one, and can do so safely, definitely try to read the collar or take them to a vet or shelter to check for a chip. We saw so many people that seemed to dislike the idea of the shelter. But when your dog is lost and you are looking helplessly for them, shelters (at least the bigger ones that tie in online to search sites (Dallas, Plano, Garland around here) is the place an owner is most likely to be able to regularly check.
PrincessButtercup
AG
That's so awesome!!!!! Congrats!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.