Metroplex
Sponsored by

Car insurance

2,018 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OjoDelMono77
PrincessButtercup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi there. I just got a rate update for my car insurance for ONE person... $310/mo. And, lol but no. I have one accident on my record (April 2016... I had a seizure as a result of a high fever) and no tickets. I was already paying far too much because of the wreck ($120/mo to $240/mo after the accident), but without cause, it shot up to $310 starting in August. I understood the rate increase after the wreck, but there's no reason for another $70 increase this year.

I've been with SafeCo through Liere for years. I'm waiting for a rate reshop with them, but are there any other suggestions? No way in hell I'm paying $310 a month.

Update- Liere got back to me with a reshop that slightly raises my rate, but not $310. Bryan is awesome. Still want to see if any other options exist because it's still high af, but the customer service with Liere can't be beaten.
redass1876
AG
Just wait for the reshop, those guys have always done me well.

I have 300k full coverage on 2 vehicles (mine and wife's) for just over $110/mo total
The Collective
AG
First suggestion would be to call Liere and tell them you aren't happy with new rate. They should be able to find you a better deal.
PrincessButtercup
AG
CJS4715 said:

First suggestion would be to call Liere and tell them you aren't happy with new rate. They should be able to find you a better deal.

I did that first. That's what i mentioned about waiting for them to reshop. I just didn't have luck with better rates the last two times I reshopped, so I'm looking for other options in case that happens again. $310 is just absurd when there has been another year between my one incident and no other additional problems.
jtraggie99
AG
That's crazy high. I pay less than that for myself and my 16 year old daughter.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I should add my issue isn't with Liere. They've been great for years. Just that rate is a problem.
The Collective
AG
Missed that. My brother is an Allstate agent in the area. PM me if you want his info.
thisguy05
AG
Slight hijack: is it worth keeping full coverage in a paid-off 5-year-old car?
East Dallas Ag
AG
Probably not, you'll save ~ $150-200/yr and I'd think a just about any 5 yr old car is worth protecting for that amount, not to mention the value of it being paid off.

Princess - if you want to PM me I can quote your account and at least let you know why you're quotes are high, but based on the info given there should be some lower cost quality carrier options. Some carriers are having to take some pretty big rate increases or completely changing how they rate altogether.
The Pilot
AG
Gieco
BrianDemarais
AG
I'm an Insurance Broker here in Dallas. My username is my name, if you google me you will find all of my contact information. I'd be happy to provide you with some quotes.
PrincessButtercup
AG
East Dallas Ag said:

Probably not, you'll save ~ $150-200/yr and I'd think a just about any 5 yr old car is worth protecting for that amount, not to mention the value of it being paid off.

Princess - if you want to PM me I can quote your account and at least let you know why you're quotes are high, but based on the info given there should be some lower cost quality carrier options. Some carriers are having to take some pretty big rate increases or completely changing how they rate altogether.

Sent you a PM.

Email sent, Brian.
nai06
AG
In my experience no one can even come close to my Texas Farm Bureau rates
94DallasAG
AG
Obligatory USAA for the win!
angel_00
AG
We use a broker as well. She called me in March and said "FYI be prepared for your car insurance rates to go way up." We don't renew until October and she was warning me. She said it's mostly because of Harvey and the hailstorms in the last few years. It sucks because, knock on wood, we haven't had a car claim in over 10 years.
investorAg83
AG
BrianDemarais said:

I'm an Insurance Broker here in Dallas. My username is my name, if you google me you will find all of my contact information. I'd be happy to provide you with some quotes.

I can vouch for Brian. Saved me a good amount on my home insurance. Great experience.
helgs
AG
My wife and I have full coverage on our two newish vehicles (2015 and 2017) with Progressive. We pay about $120 a month, but have no claims history in the last 5+ years. My wife has almost finished her 6 month Snapshot period with that stupid little car spying thing, but our rates are estimated to go down $80-100 per 6 month period. So, about $100 a month I'd say is pretty good.

Knock on wood.
PrincessButtercup
AG
To add resolution, I got quotes from everyone in this thread. Once Liere changed the mistake that had my ex husbands info showing up as mine, they were able to give me a much better quote- the same quote offered by the other two agents.

So now I'm going to save a little each month. I'm down to $210 i think it is. My car accident was pretty expensive sadly. But I'll take $210 over $340!

Thank you to everyone who helped!
OjoDelMono77
AG
Seconded on Brian Demarais. I'm currently renewing my home and auto with him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.