Metroplex
Sponsored by

Tree guy recs?

1,419 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a tree guy they like and trust? I have two Bradford pears that need to come down.
TecRecAg
AG
Subbing to this. I got some I need gone too
ftworthag02
AG
my company has use Preservation Tree Services for the past 14yrs and have been thoroughly impressed. Billy Cook is a A&M arborist. 817-581-4502
PlanoAg98
AG
I have no affiliation with this company other than having used them for numerous trees.

DFW Lawn Care
972-754-1272

They were significantly lower than previous companies I used. You can take a picture and text it to them and they'll give you a bid. On a complete removal, that's easy. For any trimming/thinning, they will mark the limbs to be removed and send you the picture back with the bid. They are also good for only a haul away. I trimmed/cut down many trees myself. They did the haul away for a very cheap price. Other companies when I told them of the DFW Lawn Care bid, they stated they could not do it for that cheap and must have a place of their own to dump the haul off. City landfills and commercial drop off place charge a good fee for these companies to dump their haul off.
helgs
AG
Highjacking this thread. Ballpark, what is the cost for a normal tree removal? I have no idea it it's $200 or $2,000 for a regular, easy to access, front yard tree that is ~25 years old.

I have a maple tree that loves to cover my front yard in leaves pretty much year round and its driving me insane.
Duncan Idaho
I got a qoute from dfw for 1080 for both trees to be cut down and hauled off.

$250 for grinding
PlanoAg98
AG
Post a pic of the trees and you'll get feedback on the $1080 quote.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I use the "good" guys (Preservation, etc) for keeping sick trees.

I use "JuanTreeGone" for removing.

Phone is getting repaired...will post contact later.
PlanoAg98
AG
DFW Lawn Care is "JuanTreeGone". The owner (if needed) will come out and discuss any big projects with you. Make sure he is clear of what you need done. When his workers arrive, you will not be able to communicate with them unless you speak Spanish.
Duncan Idaho
first picture shows the size, it is a good bit higher than the 2 story house next door. 2nd picture shows the location.

https://imgur.com/a/fonzu2i
PlanoAg98
AG
I think $1080 for the cut down and haul off is a good price if it's for two trees of that size. If the $250 grinding quote is for both trees, I'd do that. A stump is a nuisance to have in a yard. It never hurts to get multiple quotes. I'd even tell the other companies of your existing quote. With choosing the cheapest provider, it's hard for anyone to do a poor job of cutting down a tree. It's cut down and hauled off. I'd definitely get the specifics on how far the stump will be ground down. You'll probably want 12 inches below grade if you want grass to grow well over the spot.
Duncan Idaho
Just got another quote. $1500-700....that is timing it with the city bukkb pickup and just taking it to the curb
Ol Jock 99
AG
Uriel Gardea
(214) 538-7661
Quinn
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Uriel Gardea
(214) 538-7661

Uriel cut down a tree, hauled it off, and grounded the stump for $450 for me.
ftworthag02
AG
how much tree trimming insurance does he have?
Quinn
AG
ftworthag02 said:

how much tree trimming insurance does he have?
Uriel? You'd have to ask him yourself.
ftworthag02
AG
If I was having A service performed on my property as serious as a tree removal & stump grind the first question I would ask is who's your insurance provider and how much are you covered for.
Ol Jock 99
AG
That's fine. Every situation is different. My last one had about a 0.001% chance of damage to property, so I didn't sweet it. He did a fine job.
Strongweasel97
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

I think $1080 for the cut down and haul off is a good price if it's for two trees of that size. If the $250 grinding quote is for both trees, I'd do that. A stump is a nuisance to have in a yard. It never hurts to get multiple quotes. I'd even tell the other companies of your existing quote. With choosing the cheapest provider, it's hard for anyone to do a poor job of cutting down a tree. It's cut down and hauled off. I'd definitely get the specifics on how far the stump will be ground down. You'll probably want 12 inches below grade if you want grass to grow well over the spot.
This x100, you want to ground down far enough to kill off the root system.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

This x100, you want to ground down far enough to kill off the root system.

I cut a tree down myself and didn't have the equipment to grind it down below surface level. It stayed that way for about a year without sprouting any leaves/limbs from the stump. Everything I've read is that the roots cannot grow anymore because the leaves are necessary to provide the food to fuel root growth. No leaves, no root growth.

I did have to raise that area with top soil to cover the stump and inch or two to allow for sod to grow over. It didn't take very well right over the trunk stump circle (12 inches diameter) but all around it did. It's practically unnoticeable.
Duncan Idaho
Depends on the tree....I have a few crepe myrtles that keep springing back up every year
AWP 97
AG
Removing a tree is not expensive if you find the right people. If you want it trimmed, I would pay a little more for someone with a staff arborist I burn my stumps because I refuse to pay someone $250 to do that.
wangus12
AG
Stephen Butler is an Aggie. Butler Tree Health.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I believe Walt Wauson from Wauson Tree Service is an Aggie (per these boards).

He's does great work and is competitively priced. I haven't used him for tree removal, but he's done significant trimming/pruning at my house.

Take the trash out staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.