Metroplex
Sponsored by

High 5 shut down all day

1,845 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bocephus
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Avoid area. Tanker truck overturned so they will have to drain it then turn it upright before towing it off. It will take hours. LBJ and Central are shut down in all directions.
752bro4
AG
What a cluster.
Bocephus
AG
752bro4 said:

What a cluster.

Exactly what I told DFD
Robert C. Christian
AG
Had a buddy get stuck in traffic at 8 (WB 635). I told him to text me when he got to work. Still haven't heard back...
Enviroag02
AG
I passed through there on 635 West at about 6:15am. It wasn't shut down at that point..got lucky!
culdeus
AG
Got trapped in this. Hfs what a mess.
aggielostinETX
AG
Dad is stuck with my son and his other grandsons. Day at the ranch just turned into day at the pool.
Robert C. Christian
AG
NB 75 is back open.
Robert C. Christian
AG
EB 635 back open as well.
Bocephus
AG
Still blocking off parts of it
Bocephus
AG
Truck is upright. Waiting for the tow
culdeus
AG
Bocephus said:

culdeus
AG
Bocephus said:

I mean you would have thought that would be the easy thing to arrange here, but I'm just a guy on the internet.
Spaceship
AG
People are getting out of their cars and getting food from Whataburger while parked on 75. Nuts!
jpd301
AG
Bocephus said:

Didn't this thing flip at like 4:30 AM? 9 hours later the heavy duty wrecker isn't there? WTF.

Spaceship
AG
jpd301 said:

Bocephus said:

Didn't this thing flip at like 4:30 AM? 9 hours later the heavy duty wrecker isn't there? WTF.

They had a big hazmat clean up effort to do first.
Bocephus
AG
NB and SB Central open
Bocephus
AG
Spaceship said:

jpd301 said:

Bocephus said:

At 8 AM the temperature of the tanker was 130 degrees. I'm guessing it was around 80 degrees outside at that time. They had to cool the tanker off to ensure the leaking resin did not ignite and burn the bridge. Then they had to drain it. It takes time to get hazmat crews, EPA, tankers etc through traffic to the scene. Then they have to pull the tanker upright and then tow it away. They are still cleaning up.
jpd301
AG
Spaceship said:

jpd301 said:

Bocephus said:

Right, but they had a tanker on its side, a heavy duty wrecker was in the list of equipment needed to get this fixed and the road re-opened. It should have been on site by hour 9.

To be clear I'm not saying it could have been towed yet... just that the truck should be there waiting to be told "its your turn"
Bocephus
AG
I agree that they should order it in a timely fashion.
752bro4
AG
Bottlerocket
AG
Police in other cities around Dallas will clear wrecks much quicker and they will tell you Dallas is so slow because they want to get the overtime.
jpd301 said:

Bocephus said:

I passed by at 1:15 this afternoon and there were 2 HD Wreckers on site and ready to go
double aught
AG
Bottlerocket said:

Police in other cities around Dallas will clear wrecks much quicker and they will tell you Dallas is so slow because they want to get the overtime.
I don't think it has anything to do with overtime. I think wreckers are ordered in a rotation so that they all get a fair shake. Whatever the cause, wreckers are terribly slow to respond, and that's the reason wrecks are slow to clear in Dallas. If I lived there, I'd make a stink to the city council.
Bocephus
AG
double aught said:

Bottlerocket said:

I don't think it has anything to do with overtime. I think wreckers are ordered in a rotation so that they all get a fair shake. Wherever the reason, wreckers are terribly slow to respond, and that's the reason wrecks are slow to clear in Dallas. If I lived there, I'd make a stink to the city council.

Wreckers have a 15 minute limit on when they are supposed to arrive to freeway accidents and 30 minutes in all other accidents. It is normal for a freeway wrecker to take an hour to arrive. Officers complain but nothing is ultimately done. The last place officers want to be is hanging out on the highway. There are much easier ways of getting overtime than working a freeway accident.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.