Metroplex
Sponsored by

Moving to Carrollton in two and a half weeks

5,311 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GiantAntsAttack
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any ideas for how to get involved in the surrounding communities? Looking to meet some new people and network a bit. We are a 30something couple with no kids.
jpd301
AG
Church, HOA functions, Volunteer around town for various organizations or at City functions in the square.

Where in Carrollton?

aggiespartan
AG
jpd301 said:

Church, HOA functions, Volunteer around town for various organizations or at City functions in the square.

Where in Carrollton?

Not really sure what our neighborhood is called. We are sort of in between Woodcreek and Mallard Cove just south of GBT. I don't believe we will have any sort of HOA.
bert harbinson
AG
May not be what you're asking about, but since you guys are runners, check out Carrollton Runner's Club. It's a small group, friendly, not overly competitive, and it's ridiculously cheap. There are two chip-timed 5Ks (and one, one-mile run) per month. Plus one of the parks we run is very near your home.
aggiespartan
AG
bert harbinson said:

May not be what you're asking about, but since you guys are runners, check out Carrollton Runner's Club. It's a small group, friendly, not overly competitive, and it's ridiculously cheap. There are two chip-timed 5Ks (and one, one-mile run) per month. Plus one of the parks we run is very near your home.
I've already started following them on facebook! I'll have to look into actually joining once I get there. I've got to get back on top of my training. This move has totally derailed both of us.
bert harbinson
AG
Look forward to seeing you out there one day. Best of luck with your move.
TexasAggies06
AG
My girlfriend and I are also a 30something couple with no kids in west Plano, so not too far from you. We are relatively new to the area as well and always up for meeting new people and networking, so if you all would like to grab a beer or coffee sometime once you get settled in, feel free to hit us up.
aggiespartan
AG
TexasAggies06 said:

My girlfriend and I are also a 30something couple with no kids in west Plano, so not too far from you. We are relatively new to the area as well and always up for meeting new people and networking, so if you all would like to grab a beer or coffee sometime once you get settled in, feel free to hit us up. txaggies06 at gmail
got it! Will touch base after we get in our house!
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'll go ahead and toss our hat in the ring. My wife and I are early 30s/late 20s no kids living just south of castle hills. It sounds like a HH may be in order.
aggiespartan
AG
Awesome. Our house is supposed to close on July 9, so maybe we will do a happy hour a little bit after that.
gvine07
AG
My wife and I live in NE Carrollton in our early 30s, and hopefully don't get disqualified for having a kid. We like to happy hour...
Raptor
AG
Age/sex/loc has evolved!

It's now location/age/kids

My wife and I are in our 30s and live in Carrollton. Two kids, but we have an awesome babysitter on call.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

aggiespartan
AG
Any recommendations for a place? Looks like we may have quite a happy hour evolving. Anywhere from Carrollton to Plano would work for us. Any day of the week better or worse?
Copp
Wife and I are late 20s and live in north Dallas. Not too far from Carrollton!
Pepper Brooks
AG
I work up near Legacy Hall in Plano and have done a number of HHs there. It's pretty decent. Mi Dia has a very extensive drink menu as well.

I've heard Nico's is pretty good too if people prefer something farther in from the tollway.
jograki
AG
In for HH too. Just moved to W Plano from NYC and most of my Dallas friends are gone.
Bird Poo
AG
aggiespartan said:

Any recommendations for a place? Looks like we may have quite a happy hour evolving. Anywhere from Carrollton to Plano would work for us. Any day of the week better or worse?

TKO Libations in castle hills. Owned by aggies!
Braxton.Sherrill
AG
Raptor said:

Age/sex/loc has evolved!

It's now location/age/kids

My wife and I are in our 30s and live in Carrollton. Two kids, but we have an awesome babysitter on call.
When did yall move to dallas?!? and hilarious.

aggiespartan
AG
Anybody up for Thursday at TKO Libations at 6:00?
jograki
AG
I'm down! I'll see if my bf can join too.
Raptor
AG
We've been in Carrollton since 2011.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

GiantAntsAttack
AG
Probably won't be able to make Thursday, that is the day we close on our house in Richardson. 30s, no kids, moving back to Dallas from Houston.

Used to be part of a group that organized weekly happy hours through Facebook, but it pretty much fizzled out after we left. Would definitely be interested in future happy hours though.
TexasAggies06
AG
We're down for TKO on Thursday
hbc07
AG
So we've got 6ish. Anyone else in?
aggielostinETX
AG
GiantAntsAttack said:

Probably won't be able to make Thursday, that is the day we close on our house in Richardson. 30s, no kids, moving back to Dallas from Houston.

Used to be part of a group that organized weekly happy hours through Facebook, but it pretty much fizzled out after we left. Would definitely be interested in future happy hours though.
I could do some Dallas Aggie Couples HHs
aggiespartan
AG
I'm going to try to get there a little early and get a table. I'm a redhead in a polka dot shirt.
Copp
Sorry we cant make it today. Keep this thread going and post date for the next and we will be there!
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Sorry i couldn't make it last night...let me know when the next one is going to happen, and the first round is on me!
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
aggiespartan
AG
Looking at August 8 or 9 for the next one. They have trivia on Thursdays starting at 7. Anybody have a preference? I figured we would keep it at TKO for at least one more. We won $15 at trivia to put towards the next happy hour.

Just a note, this place doesn't have food, but they allow you to bring your own in. There are some good places in the same shopping center, but you can bring in whatever. I'm not familiar with too much else in the area, but we could order pizza or something too.
GiantAntsAttack
AG
We should be available on August 8th or 9th. Looking forward to checking out TKO.
aggiespartan
AG
bert harbinson said:

I think we are going to do the run this weekend!
aggiespartan
AG
Ok everyone, I think for the next happy hour we will do Wednesday, August 8, around 6ish. Trivia night on Thursday was really fun, but it sort of derailed conversation.
bert harbinson
AG
aggiespartan said:

bert harbinson said:

I think we are going to do the run this weekend!

Great! I won't be running, but I'll probably be there to help out. Let me know if you need any help finding the location.
aggiespartan
AG
bump for happy hour Wednesday at TKO
aggiespartan
AG
Anybody else up for happy hour at TKO on Wednesday? We've got 4 so far.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.