Metroplex
Sponsored by

Legacy West / Frisco

5,114 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gig em 02
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy sh^t. Good freaking lord at the development in Frisco.

Wife and I were putting around yesterday and decided to go north (we live in North Dallas so rarely get above 635) to check out the new Legacy West development. Legacy West was pretty badass and did not at all feel like anything else in Dallas. Couldn't help but notice the Klipsch speakers on every signpost pumping nice music throughout the whole area. We were laughing that Legacy East probably feels like the rundown neighborhood next door now that West is up and running.

We then drove down Headquarters Drive to check out Toyota and then over to The Star. We crested a hill on the backside of some neighborhood and you could see homes for mile and miles to the horizon. Absolutely incredible. I had no idea that area is this developed now.

Back in 2002-04 the tollway literally ended at Legacy Drive and was grass beyond it. And now...just unbelievable.
752bro4
AG
The transformation from farm land to one of the hottest development sites in the world. KDC (master developer of almost all of that area) did a great job there and their dump trucks full of money show it.
AgLaw
AG
Ross Perot's original vision of the Legacy project was to create a second downtown as a north cap to the Tollway. That's precisely what is happening.
Objective Aggie
AG
Check out Legacy Hall. A upscale food court.

What makes Legacy West cool is that it feels different that all the me-too developments. Yes there are a slew of chain stores but the whole thing was done really well.

I have a client there. And they said it is a huge draw when recruiting young people for their company. Compared to Richardson or Irving, it is hip.
YouBet
AG
We walked through Legacy Hall. Pretty damn cool. It's way more intimate that I imagined. It reminded of the indoor market in Napa or the Fisherman's Wharf market in SFO. Sits in between the two in size.
gig em 02
NO! THE SUBURBS ARE COOKIE CUTTER AND BORING! WE DONT WANT YOU SOUTH OF 635ers MESSING UP OUR COOKIE CUTTER BORING SUBURBS!
AggieFrog
AG
All of DFW is booming. I grew up in north Irving by the Airport and most areas are unrecognizable from 20 years ago. Dad's experienced even more change as MacArthur Blvd was then a two lane blacktop named Carpenter Road and he grew up by the old Texas Stadium.

That Frisco area is quite nice. Not anywhere I'd ever want to live but fun to visit. We love west Fort Worth since it hasn't been built up quite yet so we get to live in a quiet, rural area that's still 20 minutes from downtown.
Post removed:
by user
Robert C. Christian
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

It's not just DFW that is booming, same thing is happening in Houston, Austin and San Antonio. All of the population growth coming to big cities in Texas makes me wonder which parts of the country are losing the most people.

California for one.
AgLaw
AG
YouBet said:

We walked through Legacy Hall. Pretty damn cool. It's way more intimate that I imagined. It reminded of the indoor market in Napa or the Fisherman's Wharf market in SFO. Sits in between the two in size.

We were there Friday for a concert in the new Box Garden. It's an outdoor courtyard with balconies off Legacy Hall overlooking. Seats 1500 and will have live music some days throughout the week and both nights on weekends.
H6RBW
AG
I got a job with the Collin County DA's office in 2001. One of my first assignments was to go out and prosecute cases in the Frisco JP court once a week. At that time, I'd drive down 121 to Preston before turning north to go to the JP court building. At that time, just 17 years ago, the 121-Preston intersection was two lanes each way, with a flashing yellow light as the only traffic control device. Just grass all around it. Mind-boggling what it has become in a relatively short period of time.
Strategy
AG
I couldn't imagine living in overpopulated South Oklahoma and my only way in or out is a tollway.

Gil Renard
AG
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

I couldn't imagine living in overpopulated South Oklahoma and my only way in or out is a tollway.

Funny that's what DFW is refered to as by folks in SA and HOU southern Oklahoma.

TresPuertas
AG
You're not old school Collin co/Frisco unless youve been to the Royal, swam in the Rock pits off 12/Custer and can name at least one of the unspeakable places on 121
Objective Aggie
AG
TresPuertas said:

You're not old school Collin co/Frisco unless youve been to the Royal, swam in the Rock pits off 12/Custer and can name at least one of the unspeakable places on 121

Hot Tub Clubs!
PorkEatingCrusader
Michelle's Ranch!
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

Hot Tub Clubs!
I remember the tub clubs still being a topic of some conversation in the office when I first started.
gig em 02
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

If you think Frisco is overpopulated where the heck do you live?
AggieFrog
AG
gig em 02 said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Not sure about him, but western Tarrant County is thankfully not yet overdeveloped. I grew up in and started my career in Dallas County but would never want to live on that side of DFW again.
PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

NO! THE SUBURBS ARE COOKIE CUTTER AND BORING! WE DONT WANT YOU SOUTH OF 635ers MESSING UP OUR COOKIE CUTTER BORING SUBURBS!

My house is in central Plano and is 40 years old. I assume my neighborhood was one of the first in Plano as all custom homes and my lot is well over 1/2 acre.
Pepper Brooks
AG
My employer moved into the two large office buildings on the north end of legacy west in February. This is easily the nicest area that I've ever worked in. I wouldn't be surprised to see more Dallas companies move up this way.
gig em 02
AggieFrog said:

gig em 02 said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Not sure about him, but western Tarrant County is thankfully not yet overdeveloped. I grew up in and started my career in Dallas County but would never want to live on that side of DFW again.

I'm not entirely sure how a city with thousands of acres of ranch land is considered overdeveloped but ok.
AggieFrog
AG
gig em 02 said:

AggieFrog said:

gig em 02 said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

I'm not entirely sure how a city with thousands of acres of ranch land is considered overdeveloped but ok.

Where is that ranch land? All up north. Sure seems pretty developed going North up through the Tollway and all around 121. I don't get that way often - the Frisco baseball tournament this spring was my first time up there in a decade - but the shear amount of development was dizzying. The Alliance / I35 corridor here in Tarrant County is similar (and a big reason we moved out of Keller 5 years ago).
Smokedraw01
AgLaw said:

YouBet said:

We were there Friday for a concert in the new Box Garden. It's an outdoor courtyard with balconies off Legacy Hall overlooking. Seats 1500 and will have live music some days throughout the week and both nights on weekends.

Did you drink any of their beer? What did you think?
Strategy
AG
gig em 02 said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Southlake/Keller
Strategy
AG
Gil Renard said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Funny that's what DFW is refered to as by folks in SA and HOU southern Oklahoma.

If you live in Houston: Bless your heart.
AgLaw
AG
RedAgs01 said:

AgLaw said:

YouBet said:

Did you drink any of their beer? What did you think?

We did. We started at the bar on the second floor for beer. Good stuff. Had dinner at Haywire. REALLY good stuff. The venue was fun, but I'm too old to stand for concerts.
Gil Renard
AG
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Gil Renard said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

If you live in Houston: Bless your heart.

I live in DFW. Aka southern ok
oldschool87
AG
Doll house; Michelle's ranch, 121 tub club, Darla's shall I go on...
ChoppinDs40
AG
What about burger fixins in celina?

I will say though, the Royal is a throwback.
Comeby!
AG
Was at Haywire on Sunday night. Saw some grungy Austin band while I drank wine with my pinky in the air.
bac
AG
AggieFrog said:

gig em 02 said:

AggieFrog said:

gig em 02 said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Where is that ranch land? All up north. Sure seems pretty developed going North up through the Tollway and all around 121. I don't get that way often - the Frisco baseball tournament this spring was my first time up there in a decade - but the shear amount of development was dizzying. The Alliance / I35 corridor here in Tarrant County is similar (and a big reason we moved out of Keller 5 years ago).
There's a buttload of ranch land in SE Frisco.
AggieFrog
AG
Where? Looking at Google Maps and do not see much ranchland anywhere but north of Frisco. Or your idea of buttload and mine are quite different. There's one area east of the old Frisco square but that's about it and nothing compared to this side of town.
gig em 02
Went to a kids baseball game in Frisco one time, otherwise hasn't been to Frisco in over 10 years, gets on the internet to criticize Frisco and argue with people that live in Frisco about Frisco.

The internet in a nutshell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.