Metroplex
Sponsored by

Where do people live who work in TCU campus area?

4,075 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by lawless89
FortWorthF3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't realize there were so many TCU area ags.

Lots of folks have made the trade-off of buying a dumpy house that can later be updated, to save the commute, and be in an old-style neighborhood near TCU. Highly recommended and its what I did.

Any of the neighborhoods around TCU will be fine, regardless of which school you are in. Lots of ISDs have weak middle schools (numerous reasons) but committed parents make the difference. Be committed and your kids will be fine.

I heard the FWISD Superintendent lives in Westcliff. If its good enough for his kids, it should be good enough for anybody else.
Buford Tannen
AG
We live in westcliff and yes, dr. Scribner is our neighbor. We looked at tanglewood but the premium is just absurd when you buy over there. Tanglewood is essentially a "free" private school that you pay for when you buy your home. Westcliff is making huge gains and we firmly believe in the public school system and the paschal pyramid. We didn't want to bury our heads in the sand and punt to tanglewood; hence Settling in westcliff. We can walk to TCU in minutes.

I will say that anything around $300k will be tough to find but it can be done. Happy to chat offline anytime.
20ag07
We want to avoid the Tanglewood premium, but Westcliff has gone almost as beserk as Tanglewood this summer. I offered but couldn't get these folks below $200/sf-
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3719-South-Hills-Ave_Fort-Worth_TX_76109_M85320-49826

This one went under contract in 4 days at $221/sf https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3642-South-Hills-Ave_Fort-Worth_TX_76109_M85319-75294

Just nuts out there...
Buford Tannen
AG
We live on south hills. Great street.
Matsui
AG
I used to live in inwood street. Loved it.
lawless89
I just put in an offer today on a house in Wedgewood which is just south of TCU a few miles. From what I can tell, it looks like the next up and coming neighborhood. Nice area with a lot of older homes that are still fairly inexpensive.
ftworthag02
AG
Hope you get it! Wedgewood does seem like its the next up and coming neighborhood. Plus you're very close to Hulen mall, I-20, chisolm trail tollroad, and most of all close to Primas Italian (byob)!
lawless89
ftworthag02 said:

Hope you get it! Wedgewood does seem like its the next up and coming neighborhood. Plus you're very close to Hulen mall, I-20, chisolm trail tollroad, and most of all close to Primas Italian (byob)!

Thanks! They accepted my offer last night, so pending all the closing stuff, looks like I'll be a Wedgewood resident in about 30 days! I was able to get the house for $90/sq ft and after looking at comps, looks like I got a pretty good deal.
Sims
AG
Offer accepted today on Kingswood Dr in Wedgwood.

Thought I was gonna have to bake cookies and bring whiskey to the bid war... good grief.

Looks like I'll be a couple days behind you closing, lawless.
lawless89
Sims said:

Offer accepted today on Kingswood Dr in Wedgwood.

Thought I was gonna have to bake cookies and bring whiskey to the bid war... good grief.

Looks like I'll be a couple days behind you closing, lawless.

Nice! I'm going to be on Woodway(assuming closing goes all the way through). I think I got a steal at $90/sq ft compared to comps in the area.
Sims
AG
Here's some craziness. Apparently the offer was verbally accepted by the seller. Problem is, the seller isn't the seller.

This will be the first time I've purchased a house from Cartus relocation. I'm not a big fan so far. We just NOW received the executed contract.
lawless89
That would make me a little uneasy for sure. Inspection went well and appraisal is due by tomorrow on mine. According to the comps, I should be good, but I guess you never know.

It also helps that they had the house listed as a 3/2 when it's actually a 4/2.5. Asked my realtor why they did that and basically he said it's because the selling agent is an idiot. Previous owner lives in Florida and has several houses in the area that he's selling, so no one caught the mistake in the listing. I'm hoping for instant equity!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.