Metroplex
Sponsored by

Trophy Club or Keller?

3,734 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by smc05
NomadicAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Family (3 kids, Jr High and HS) potentially moving from the Kingwood (houston) area up to the Dallas area. Curious on the thoughts of Trophy Club and Keller. Will be visiting both in the coming week to get a feel for the area. I know this might be a tired topic, but certainly appreciate any thoughts on one or the other, or one versus the other.

Thanks!
Ed Carter
AG
They are both great spots. TC might be a little better logistically since it's right off 114 depending where you will be driving to on a daily basis. If you go Keller, be sure and stay north to North to north east keller I would avoid south and west Keller
JaceAG12
I grew up in trophy club and loved it. You will never need to leave about a 3-5 mile radius for anything. Schools are good. I know the girls soccer coach and several teachers at the high school. Pretty easy access to 114. But depending on where you'll be working could be a long drive if you are going all the way to the city.
Bismarck
AG
If you aren't from the area, you may not realize that there is a lot of existing Barnett production in those towns. Some neighborhoods have wellheads very close to homes. That may bother you, it may not. Just a factor to take into consideration when looking. Some areas may be subject to future drilling as well, so I'd ask whether the minerals come with the house.

Personally, I wouldn't consider those areas if I was going to work in Dallas. That commute wouldn't be fun.
NomadicAggie
AG
Thanks for all the replies! My office would be located in Las Colinas.
Ornlu
AG
The freeway expansion between Trophy Club & Las Colinas just finished like 2 years ago. So you should have a nice, construction free commute (until they decide to redo it again in 4 years, because.... TxDOT).
FWAppraiser
AG
I lived in Keller up until a few years ago. We just purchased a house in Trophy Club. Trophy Club is typically a little pricier, but it's a nicer area and a much easier commute for really anywhere in the Metroplex, IMO. Don't get me wrong, both areas are great, and both Keller & Northwest ISD (TC's) are great.

Like was said, they finished the highway expansion between Grapevine and Las Colinas. It was for a managed toll lane though, but if you get a toll tag, the commute is a breeze from Trophy Club. They're working on adding managed lanes all the way to just north of downtown Dallas, so that commute is getting better. For Fort Worth (my typical commute), you can go 121 straight into downtown and avoid the I-35W mess. Once 35 is done, that would be another managed toll option, if you need it.

If you need a realtor, let me know, and I can get you in contact with mine. She's become very familiar with Trophy Club over the past couple of months.

Best of luck, and feel free to message me if you need any advice.
smc05
We like Colleyville a lot if you are open to expanding your net.
Strategy
AG
Southlake.
aggie_wes
AG
I would give grapevine and colleyville a look. GCISD is good.
TowerAg90
AG
Morning commute from Trophy Club to Las Colinas takes between 30-40 min using the Express Lane. Not bad. TC has a very low crime rate and lots of nice bars n restaurants 1 mi away in Roanoke. Family oriented area
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Trophy Club is nice and would be a great choice if it fits your budget.

Assuming you have an agent already, but if not I'd be happy to talk. I'm a TexAgs sponsor and I'm sure there are a few of my clients that will see this thread so you can get the scoop on me pretty easily. I own a Brokerage up here and have been blessed to work with lots of Ags.

Let me know if I can help.

Cody Robinson

972-365-0432
Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com

Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
tclub
I'm in trophy club and absolutely love it. We golf cart to all the stores in tc and Roanoke.
beb06
AG
I'm in North Keller and we love this area. I also golf in trophy club and it's great as well.

And Cody is the go-to if you need a realtor. He helped us buy and sell in Keller a few years ago and he's awesome.
AMC12
AG
When I moved up here I rented an apartment in Keller then moved to Roanoke for cheaper rent. My wife and I just bought a house in Keller near Keller High and absolutely love it here. Wife works in Las Colinas. Trophy Club since it's right off 114 will be a shorter commute. I think right now from Keller it takes her about 35 mins but she leaves early enough to miss traffic, around 6:15. But she's only commutes twice a month.
AMC12
AG
X2 on Cody. He was awesome. Our realtor was Kevin who works with Cody and was super patient with us since we were looking for something that needed a little work that had to be in Keller. We also used Jay Hurst at Hurst lending. Also great service.
NomadicAggie
AG
So we've been up and looked around and loved the area. One question though, why are homes in TC so much less expensive than Southlake and surrounding area? Is it the schools?
Ag CPA
AG
No multi-family housing in Southlake; things just kind of unfold from there...
NomadicAggie
AG
We've been looking at a house in Keller, but the neighborhood borders NRH. Someone above mentioned north Keller over south. Care to expand on that? Technically the neighborhood is part of Hidden Lakes, but as soon as you leave and cross the street, you're in NRH. Is that a problem?

Providence Grove is the neighborhood
OldAg92
AG
We live in NRH very near the border with Keller (in fact, the Birdville/Keller ISD split runs down the middle of our street). It is a great area. We are in Thornbridge East, just off Precinct if you are at all familiar with the area now that you've looked around. It is less than 5 minutes from Providence Grove. Walking trails and a nice park right in the middle of the neighborhood. I commute to downtown Dallas every day and it is 40-45 minutes door to door because I leave early (6:30). Las Colinas would be more like 20-25 minutes. We actually moved here from Grapevine-Colleyville just because we could get more house for the money, but both are great areas (as is Keller - and Hidden Lakes is a great neighborhood).
Ed Carter
AG
Let me clarify my comment from above. I would avoid West Keller and Southwest keller. Basically where all the new build/houses directly on top of one another or going. South Keller, especially the hidden Lakes area is great The only thing to consider in that area would be your commute time to get the major artery highways
NomadicAggie
AG
Thank you for all the comments and info!
2wealfth Man
AG
Would also look in Westlake on south side of 114
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Thank you so much! Means the world to me to read comments like this!
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
And thank you as well! Seriously, coming to check in on TexAgs and seeing these posts completely makes my day. Person at the title company today made a comment to me that i have "the best and most informed clients" of any agent she works with....I told her it's because a lot of them are Aggies!
smc05
We live just across Davis from Hidden Lakes in Colleyville and love the area. The Target and Walmart on Davis are so convenient!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.