Metroplex
Sponsored by

Buying an Engagement Ring in Dallas

3,507 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wangus12
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody have any recommendations. Not trying to break the bank or anything, but not sure where to start either.
Texas Ag Mom
Call Theo (pronounced Tay-O) at Anschar Diamonds. He works by appointment only & has been in the diamond business for 35+ years. He can make anything you want & stay within your budget. You will get a lot more for your money than a retail store. We got our wedding rings from him & I have sent many family members, friends & Aggies to him & everyone has been very pleased. I get nothing out of it besides saving some young man from getting ripped off! Tell him the Vickie the Aggie Mom sent you. Good luck!

https://anschardiamonds.com/
plarmigan
AG
My father is a diamond wholesaler in North Dallas. He has done engagement rings for prob 6-7 of my Aggie buddies. Feel free to email me phillip03atm at hotmail and I can give you his contact info.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
plarmigan said:

My father is a diamond wholesaler in North Dallas. He has done engagement rings for prob 6-7 of my Aggie buddies. Feel free to email me phillip03atm at hotmail and I can give you his contact info.

So my sisters boyfriend is looking at rings right now... would it be cool to give him your info as well?
plarmigan
AG
Of course!
wangus12
AG
Just sent you a quick email
The Pilot
AG
If you do your research and know what you're looking for, I'd recommend bluenile.com. Will be hard to beat their prices.
JaceAG12
Diamond exchange - speaking of blue nile he pulled up the closest diamond he could find on their website and then undercut them by ~200.

I also met with Theo and he was very fair, but for the simple setting I wanted it there was no reason for a custom design.
Buford Tannen
AG
Google Shapiro Diamonds. Have made several purchases here. If you decide to go with them PM me.
The Pilot
AG
Also, I'd have at least a basic understanding of the 4Cs and only go with GIA cert. Some of these diamond wholesalers are just like a used car salesman and will try and compare apples to oranges.
FDT 1999
AG
Pricescope.com is an excellent website to do some research. I found a ton of information on here about what to look for and also avoid. They have several of the reputable online retailers (Blue Nile, Whiteflash, GoodOldGold, etc), and some of them even post information from time to time. I found the Good Old Gold website to be one of the most informative out of all of the places I went.

bagger05
AG
Shoot me an email.

texags.bagger05 at gmail
Texas Ag Mom
The Pilot said:

Also, I'd have at least a basic understanding of the 4Cs and only go with GIA cert. Some of these diamond wholesalers are just like a used car salesman and will try and compare apples to oranges.
Theo is definitely not a used car saleman or I would not be recommending him at all. He is honest & one of the nicest people I know. My son is an Aggie military pilot & we have referred Theo a lot so lots of Aggies & military guys have his diamonds. He has done two rings for me personally & a beautiful pair of earrings for my Aggie daughters graduation.The first ring was very basic & the second one was a little more custom but at least I knew exactly what the quality of the diamonds were. Again ...... I get nothing out if it besides satisfaction that people don't get ripped off. He will educate you about diamonds as well & always works to get you the best stone within your budget.
nashvilleaggie11
We are loyal to Pampillonia
Boat Shoes
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

We are loyal to Pampillonia

Completely agree. We love Anthony at Pampillonia.

I did my research on Pricescope.com and once I was an educated buyer selected a loose diamond from whiteflash.com. Anthony at Pampillonia designed the setting for us based on my wife's "wants" and then allowed me to view a CAD drawing and 3D wax model before the ring was made. I've now purchased several items from him and referred both family and friends.

http://www.pampilloniajewelers.com/

ericbaker
Eliminatus
AG
Ok, bot
wangus12
AG
I was super confused why my thread from 5 years ago was bumped lol. I'm still married and she hasn't killed me yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.