Metroplex
Sponsored by

Hillside Village Shopping Center Renovation (Mockingbird & Abrams)

4,209 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by walton91
Boat Shoes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2018/04/19/northeast-dallas-shopping-center-getting-major-facelift

Looks like work has already begun on the Hillside Village renovation at the northeast corner of Mockingbird and Abrams. The Dallas Morning News shows four new leases signed including Session Pilates, Villa Nail Spa, Little Things, and Hillside Tavern. I wonder what other businesses will come. Anyone have the scoop? I found the below proposed site plan online which shows a handful of other leases under negotiation, although it's a bit dated (Jan 2018).

http://northwoodretail.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/hillside-village-leasing-plan.pdf

General Info
http://northwoodretail.com/property/hillside-village/
Spaceship
AG
That's great. I love Dream Cafe, White Rock Coffee and Olivella's in there, but the aesthetic of that shopping center is terrible and the parking lot is a cluster. I think this will make it a great corner.

Hopefully the south side of Mockingbird is next with the abandoned Alberston's.
Boat Shoes
AG
I hit up White Rock Coffee almost every day and we frequent Mannys as well. Hoping for some cool new restaurants or even an Eatzis. One can dream, right?
GarlandAg2012
AG
I'm tentatively very excited about Hillside Tavern. Really enjoy the other concepts from the Anderson bros so hopefully this one is good too.
Boat Shoes
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

I'm tentatively very excited about Hillside Tavern. Really enjoy the other concepts from the Anderson bros so hopefully this one is good too.

Agree. The fact that I could crawl home makes it that much more exciting.
walton91
Has anyone heard an opening date for Hillside Tavern? I noticed their sign was up when I drove by the other day
AW 1880
AG
My friend is one of the owners (and chef) for the Hillside Tavern (as well as a couple other Dallas restaurants). He posted a picture on facebook last week and it looks like they still have a good bit of construction left to do before it's ready. I'm most excited about this place out of his other places.
aviationag
AG
I'm laughing while reading this because I keep wondering how often I've passed one or all of you at Dream Cafe or White Rock....
Quinn
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

What else do they run?
walton91
Boulevardier in Bishop Arts and Rapscallion on Lowest Greenville

https://dallas.eater.com/2018/4/19/17257558/hillside-tavern-opening-lakewood-hillside-village-rapscallion-boulevardier
GarlandAg2012
AG
Also Veritas Wine Bar on Henderson.

Last I heard from Brooks they are looking at a January open for Hillside. Will be a much more casual feel, burgers and fries, lots of TVs, and apparently they built a nice large patio as well.
Boat Shoes
AG
aviationag said:

I'm laughing while reading this because I keep wondering how often I've passed one or all of you at Dream Cafe or White Rock....
Im at White Rock Coffee most every day.
aglaw01
AG
Update - Hillside is now mid-February, per Brooks. City issues, etc.
walton91
Boat Shoes
AG
aglaw01 said:

Update - Hillside is now mid-February, per Brooks. City issues, etc.

Hearing any update here? Looking forward to trying it out.

On another note, Visionworks looks to be moving out. Wonder what will take its spot?
aglaw01
AG
Maybe end of month/early April.
Boat Shoes
AG
News!!!

https://www.guidelive.com/food-and-drink/2019/03/21/hillside-village-construction-mockingbird-abrams-chopshop-haystack-tavern
Buford Tannen
AG
RIP 1st and 10.
walton91
Quote:

First, a sports bar called Lakewood's First & 10 has closed. It was in operation for nearly 10 years

Based on the wood panel decor and smell, I would have guessed 30 years. I liked that place. It was a good neighborhood joint
YouBet
AG
walton91 said:

Quote:

First, a sports bar called Lakewood's First & 10 has closed. It was in operation for nearly 10 years

Based on the wood panel decor and smell, I would have guessed 30 years. I liked that place. It was a good neighborhood joint

Yeah, that can't be right. I used to go there before I was married and I've been married for 12 years.
double aught
AG
Haystack in Richardson is excellent. Some of the best burgers around.
BoomGoesThe
Lakewood 1st and 10 went downhill big time over the last few years. The service stunk, food was bad, and unless you were getting a beer, the drinks were horrible too.

Having said all of that, I still tried to go there the first night of the NCAA tourney and it looked like it had just closed. They had a lot of screens.
walton91
Hillside is open. Looking forward to checking this place out
https://www.guidelive.com/food-and-drink/2019/04/05/lakewood-newest-bar-hillside-tavern-open#_ga=2.40870114.176641629.1554738516-1175963370.1554738516
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.