Metroplex
Sponsored by

Astros games in Dallas

1,895 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Joe Schillaci 48
McInnisAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We will soon be moving to dallas and am concerned about being about to watch the stros. Per the directv guy if I have the premier package in Dallas I would be able to watch the astros games and it would not be subject to blackout restrictions. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks
wangus12
AG
I unfortunately rely on radio or illegal streams
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
You will get it on DirecTv. We are moving up there as well and my inlaws already live there and they have the games. What area are you heading to?
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
ATT SportsNet carries the Astros...you will be good. I watch every game.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Goose
AG
We're in Dallas and watch the Stros when we can on DIRECTV channel 674-ish, I think...(or some channel near there, I can never remember wtf any of the channel numbers are.)
Brick Tamland
I'm in McKinney and I just watch on the ATT SportsNet app since it's not on DirecTV Now
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Brick Tamland said:

I'm in McKinney and I just watch on the ATT SportsNet app since it's not on DirecTV Now
How do you login to watch it? I have DirecTv Now and when I try to login on my phone there is no option for DirecTv Now.
Brick Tamland
I have to use someone else's account to watch it. It doesn't work with my directv now.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Well dammit. I thought there was hope after all. I've honestly been so disappointed with DirecTv Now and my subscription ends on the 13th of May and I will not be resubscribing again.
lostrg
Why are you an Astros fan in Dallas in the first place?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Well first off I'm not in Dallas yet but moving there and long story short for why I am moving there is family related.
Canyon99
lostrg said:

Why are you an Astros fan in Dallas in the first place?

Why do Aggies live in Austin? Cmon man.
aggiepres
I have DirecTV and watch every game on 674. For Rockets games it blacks out though. We need a DFW Astros group, to meet for big games. A
dfwaggie2007
AG
I have Uverse and watch all the Astros games on ATTSports which was formerly Root Sports. No blackouts like when I first moved here. Back in 2008 I couldn't even get MLB TV here...it royally sucked.
wbt5845
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Well first off I'm not in Dallas yet but moving there and long story short for why I am moving there is family related.
If you are going to live in the D/FW area, you should become a Rangers fan.
TexAg15
AG
On a semi related note to OP. I currently live in Houston, well the woodlands. Could I go to the Box wearing rangers gear and not get shanked?
powerbelly
AG
wbt5845 said:

Disagree. Root for the team you grew up with.
McInnisAg08
AG
Glad to hear I'll be able to watch my team. We are moving due to work and looking at either keller, Flo mo, or Frisco.
ChipFTAC01
AG
wbt5845 said:

This goes against everything that being a fan is about. I'm a Rangers fan and I've lived in Houston for most of my adult life. Born in Corsicana rooting for the Rangers in the 80s and early 90s. Moved to Houston at 14 but still rooted foe them. Moved to Dallas after college and then back to Houston in 2008. I'm not going to start rooting for the Astros just because I live here. I watched the Rangers 5 nights a week until I had kids.

If I were to move to Philadelphia should I start rooting for the Eagles?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Plus Dallas didn't realise the Rangers or Mavericks existed until 2003
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
TexAg15 said:

On a semi related note to OP. I currently live in Houston, well the woodlands. Could I go to the Box wearing rangers gear and not get shanked?
Of course you will get shanked. It cleans up the gene pool.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.