Metroplex
Sponsored by

Wedding Beer/Wine

984 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bac
The Pilot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where did you buy it from? Specs?
752bro4
AG
I'd look at CostCo. Suitcases of Bud/Miller/Coors are ~$18, and they have a decent selection of not B/M/C. The wine selection is decent, but I do not think you'll get the 15% discount for 6 like you would at other places.
John Francis Donaghy
If you're buying for an event, Specs will let you return any unopened products afterward. So you can overbuy to be sure you don't run out of anything, and then just return whatever is left unopened. Not sure who else does that.
aggiereggie
AG
We got beer, wine and champagne from Total Wine and they also let you return any unopened bottles.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I bought wine from Veritas Wine room. I worked with one of the owners and he met or beat Total Wine's pricing and gave recommendations that got great feedback. I probably couldn't have returned any and Total Wine may add discounts for large orders that he can't beat but I felt I got a good deal and am happy to support a local business I really like (Boulevardier/Rapscallion/Veritas are all the same brothers). I'd be happy to put you in contact if you wanna go that route.

We bought beer at Sam's and had the cocktails made by the former Rapscallion bartenders because we used to be regulars there.
The Collective
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

If you're buying for an event, Specs will let you return any unopened products afterward. So you can overbuy to be sure you don't run out of anything, and then just return whatever is left unopened. Not sure who else does that.

Newlyweds need a beer fridge too. Overbuy and keep.
John Francis Donaghy
CJS4715 said:

Newlyweds need a beer fridge too. Overbuy and keep.

SHHHHHH!!!

You don't say that part out loud until it's too late to return!
nashvilleaggie11
If you need live music, contact me.
J.P. 03
AG
Wherever you go, make sure they have a rewards program you can benefit from. I bought all mine at Goody Goody and then used the points I earned to pick up a couple of free bottles of liquor for myself.
bac
AG

So you can overbuy to be sure you don't run out of anything, and then just return whatever is left unopened. Not sure who else does that.
Sam's told me I could do this. When I later tried, they said nope -- against state law. Whatever.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.