Metroplex
Sponsored by

Experience with International Leadership of Texas charter?

929 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by powerbelly
scs01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anybody in the Dallas area have experience with the International Leadership of Texas charter school? They're expanding into our area (College Station), and parents are wondering whether they're worth considering. They have schools in a number of locations in the Metroplex area.
angel_00
AG
The reviews here (north Dallas area) are not great among my friend group. Of the people I personally know (not friends of friends or some such) who sent their kids there...not a single one of them still has their kids there. My parents raise my sister's kids and all 3 of them went there when it first opened. The older 2 hated it and left after a year. The youngest one lasted 2 years there and went back to public school.
scs01
angel_00 said:

The reviews here (north Dallas area) are not great among my friend group. Of the people I personally know (not friends of friends or some such) who sent their kids there...not a single one of them still has their kids there. My parents raise my sister's kids and all 3 of them went there when it first opened. The older 2 hated it and left after a year. The youngest one lasted 2 years there and went back to public school.
Thanks for the info. Any insight into why they disliked it? Do you have any impression of the quality of the teaches? Or was it the general structure of the programs?
angel_00
AG
I will ask and report back to you!
scs01
angel_00 said:

I will ask and report back to you!
Thanks!
double aught
AG
So kids live at these schools? There appear to be dorms at the one at Arapaho and Shiloh.
TresPuertas
AG
Are these not the Islamic schools or am I mistaken?
powerbelly
AG
TresPuertas said:

Are these not the Islamic schools or am I mistaken?
No, those are the Gulen charter schools IIRC.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.