Metroplex
Sponsored by

Layne's in Lewisville this Summer!

7,303 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
Gil Renard
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Laynes is the Benjamin Knox of restaurants. Aggies will tolerate the ****ty quality as long as it has some tie to A&M.

You tell em! What. A. Badass.
bbattbq01
AG
Opened today. Probably ate at laynes a few times when I was in school, but not since I graduated. Quality was better than canes has been the last few times I've been there.
FundAg10
AG
Only thing I'm not a fan of is my usual $5.50 meal today in college station now costs me $9.47 here.
jimscott85
AG
Stopped in today. Nice to hear "welcome home" walking in the door. Great service, great food.

I didn't eat there much back in College Station. But the quality was above what I've received at Cane's by far. Cane's always looked/tasted like it had been under a lamp for at least 30 minutes.

Owner walked around and greeted everybody. Said they will be running spots on the Hardline and will be sponsoring Summer Bash this year.
Ornlu
AG
FundAg10 said:

Only thing I'm not a fan of is my usual $5.50 meal today in 1999 in college station now costs me $9.47 here in 2018.
Is it an inflation thing? Last time I ate at Laynes in College Station it was at least $8.50.
FundAg10
AG
No potato salad option, so you can't sub in an extra piece of toast for free. That's an extra .75 cents, along with extra sauce costing the same I believe instead of .25 cents. Maybe they've recently changed the menu back in College Station too and it's been longer than I thought since I last had it there.

Nothing earth shattering and won't deter me, but it seems to be the price of new popularity.

No more ordering a la carte for cheaper food. Combos are now the cheapest option. Also, no my time living in college station was 2006-2015. Still going down for work and games after that.

TowerAg90
AG
I ate at the one in Allen two weeks ago for the first time. That was the worst chicken fingers I have ever had. Horrible. Not at all like the one in CS.
Bocephus
AG
So why are the Pollo Tropicals failing?
cadetjay02
AG
I went to the newest one in Frisco for lunch to recover from Black Friday morning at Nebraska Furniture Mart. It was good and they now have ranch and honey mustard as a dipping sauce. Blasphemy in my opinion, but it allowed me to take Layne's sauce. I'm glad they're up here now.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I prefer Layne's, but the two are definitely close. We did a side by side sauce comparison and thought Layne's had more of everything - a bit more spice, a bit more sweetness, a bit more tang. I also agree that Cane's chicken often tastes over cooked.

Layne's ranch is awesome if you like ranch.

I think that Slim Chickens is better, although they don't have a Layne's/Cane's style sauce. Their ranch is awesome as well.
Take the trash out staff.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.