Metroplex
Sponsored by

Layne's in Lewisville this Summer!

7,312 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Garrelli 5000
FundAg10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Attention Lewsville, The Colony, Carrollton, Plano, and Frisco Ags....opening up at 121 and Josey Ln. at the former Pollo Tropical location.

Drove by yesterday and the logos are already being put up! What a time to be alive.

Layne's in Lewisville
powerbelly
AG
There are already 2 Canes in Lewisville. How much more ****ty chicken places can one town need?
Post removed:
by user
powerbelly
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

powerbelly said:

There are already 2 Canes in Lewisville. How much more ****ty chicken places can one town need?

Laynes=Caynes
FIFY
Ag CPA
AG
I hope expansion doesn't ruin them like it did Freebirds.
aggolfer
AG
It was the buyout that got Freebirds IMO
FincAg
AG
Agreed, they tried to out Chipotle, Chipotle. You've got to dance with the one that brought you.
p-wonk01
AG
Ag CPA said:

They won't. The difference here is these guys are Ags and not a PE firm out of California.
Raptor
AG
R.I.P. Pollo Tropical

Your corn succotash was delicious.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Ag CPA
AG
p-wonk01 said:

Ag CPA said:

They won't. The difference here is these guys are Ags and not a PE firm out of California.

Freebirds was starting to suck long before the buyout (around 07-08?).
big ben
AG
I am sorry but Laynes sucks, spent 5 years in BCS, and I went there once (all it took cause I couldn't even get ketchup, gravy or ranch)....I would rather a Wings an More come here.
p-wonk01
AG
big ben said:

I am sorry but Laynes sucks, spent 5 years in BCS, and I went there once (all it took cause I couldn't even get ketchup, gravy or ranch)....I would rather a Wings an More come here.

These new ones have ketchup, ranch, and honey mustard now....so go give it another shot
Corps_Ag12
AG
p-wonk01 said:

big ben said:

These new ones have ketchup, ranch, and honey mustard now....so go give it another shot

Do the new ones have crinkle cut fries too?
Log
AG
Now they need to put one in at the old Pollo Tropical just north of Bush on Preston, in front of the Calloway's.

I was a regular at the PDQ across the street that is now closed. Still not sure why they shut down here in TX. Seemed like they were doing constant business, and IMO, they were some of the best tenders I've had.
big ben
AG
I'm listening
Quinn
AG
The old ones have ketchup, too
Joe Exotic
AG
Laynes is the Benjamin Knox of restaurants. Aggies will tolerate the ****ty quality as long as it has some tie to A&M.
sanitariex
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Laynes is the Benjamin Knox of restaurants. Aggies will tolerate the ****ty quality as long as it has some tie to A&M.

You take that back!
FincAg
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

day drinking
nateaggie2000
AG
The CS ones have had ranch for a while too. For my health, I don't know if I want one open too close to me.
army01
AG
big ben said:

....I would rather a Wings an More come here.

That's already happened once and it didn't work out.
cadetjay02
AG
My understanding is that the Allen location was an old Pollo Tropical as well. This is interesting because the two Frisco locations of Pollo Tropical are no more than 1/4 mile from a Raising Canes. I'm not sure that either of them would be successful but who knows. Maybe they have a different area in mind.
bco2003
AG
cadetjay02 said:

My understanding is that the Allen location was an old Pollo Tropical as well. This is interesting because the two Frisco locations of Pollo Tropical are no more than 1/4 mile from a Raising Canes. I'm not sure that either of them would be successful but who knows. Maybe they have a different area in mind.

One of them, the one on Preston, is already a Jack in a Box or something. But yeah, the one on the Tollway is crazy close to a Canes too.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I haven't had Laynes since I was a student in the mid 90's. But I went to the new Allen location a couple of times this past week. It puts Canes to shame. Canes tastes like they never change the fryer oil, which they probably don't.
double aught
AG
I went there for lunch today since I was in the area. As far as I'm concerned, it's nearly identical to Raising Cane's, which is how I remembered it. The sauce had a little more pepper, but that was it. It was plenty good, but not worth passing up a Cane's for.
Ag CPA
AG
double aught said:

I went there for lunch today since I was in the area. As far as I'm concerned, it's nearly identical to Raising Cane's, which is how I remembered it. The sauce had a little more pepper, but that was it. It was plenty good, but not worth passing up a Cane's for.
This is consistent with the answer I get from most people I personally know who have been.
Rudyjax
AG
So what's the deal with Laynes?

Did they copy Canes or vice versa?

Laynes was there when I was in school but I didn't eat fried food back then.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Laynes was first to market by about 2 years. Canes just expanded much faster.
ILikeTacos
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Vade281
AG
Last week I saw the Layne's sign. Today...it's gone. What hapoened
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
AggieFactor
AG

Cant be more than a couple weeks away!! I would imagine they are shooting for a soft opening before Memorial Day and the grand opening that weekend.
zsh0
AG
Does anyone know if this is open yet? It's listed on their website now.
bco2003
AG
AggieFactor said:

Cant be more than a couple weeks away!! I would imagine they are shooting for a soft opening before Memorial Day and the grand opening that weekend.

Is that the one at 423 & 121?
benMath08
AG
Yep
Bird Poo
AG
My 16 year old son is working there! They open May 30th. He's having a blast and it's a great 1st job for him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.