Metroplex
Sponsored by

helicopter circling in LH

3,164 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by double aught
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

seems to be centered over the Plano R/ NW Hwy intersection.

Been there several minutes now.

My son just drove through and did not see anything gong on though.

It is making a little sider circles now.
AG
Fun do bad things

Happens at least once a month around here. Had one hovering over my house at 3 AM not too long ago.
Spaceship
AG
The CVS at Plano Rd and NW Hwy got robbed last night.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Spaceship said:

whoa. man i'm right across from there behind that Kroger gas station.

aggielostinETX
AG
BernArnold said:

Spaceship said:

whoa. man i'm right across from there behind that Kroger gas station.

Was that the gunshots report about 7:30pm on Ring?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
no idea. i saw things being talked about on Nextdoor also. Seemed like they were searching some alleys and dumpster of Jupiter also.
Deats99
AG
Hellicopter....Lake Highlands = Water....wet
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
realestateguru
AG
Can they take a few shots at Corby?
Deats99
AG
You know, I have never heard the guy on the radio so maybe I am naive, but he generally seems like a good dude(our kids played soccer together.)
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
realestateguru
AG
Tune in after 3 any day and you will understand.
The Collective
AG
realestateguru said:

Can they take a few shots at Corby?

A SHOT? /Dan
Strategy
AG
Is Plano getting ghetto?
AG
RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Is Plano getting ghetto?

Plano rd, not plano proper, and its been ghetto from nwhy all the way up to maybe renner from the dawn of time
p-wonk01
AG
Get rid of the apartments behind that CVS and a few along NW Hwy and problem is solved.
AG
p-wonk01 said:

Get rid of the apartments behind that CVS and a few along NW Hwy and problem is solved.

You're forgetting about all the other awesome things along Plano like

PT's
Bobo China
Dallas Chemical waste recycling center
Llantas Usadas
That firewood reselling business at penny whistle park
Richardson Square Mall

I dont blame the residents for trying to name change it to Lake Highlands and throw off the scent

Deats99
AG
robertf03 said:

p-wonk01 said:

PT's
Bobo China
Llantas Usadas
Richardson Square Mall

I dont blame the residents for trying to name change it to Lake Highlands and throw off the scent

not sure what you are getting at but BoBo China is the Shiznit!
-George S Patton
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

It's also not on Plano Rd. It's on Church.

There really is nothing really wrong with Plano Rd. between Buckner and LBJ (it is called Lake Highlands south of NW Hwy anyway). It is pretty nondescript actually very little along there. Where it crosses NW Hwy is a little dicey but that's more of a NW Hwy effect than Plano Rd. itself.

Those apartments are less than ideal but the rest are mostly decent homes and some ok businesses in that stretch. The sport bar is ok, Kroger is crowded but mostly it's with old blue hairs from the old folks community a block away. that CVS is actually nice very friendly people, love the Kroger gas station with my discounts. Used to be a dicey convenience store on the corner of NW Hwy but it is gone now.

North of LBJ is kind bad though.... guns shops, the chemical place, the strip club, etc.

It's all better than Garland road down there though. From Buckner to NW Hwy it is dicey. From Bucker down to the other end of the lake is ok with the Arboretum and the new Smoky Rose bbq place. Some renovation seems to be happening starting at the south end of the lake the Gaston Ave. retail corner has been improved greatly the last few years and we got a new Chick-fil-A along Garland Rd. too.

It was all much worse 5+ years ago....been getting a lot of improvements the last few years.

AG
Deats99 said:

robertf03 said:

p-wonk01 said:

PT's
Bobo China
Llantas Usadas
Richardson Square Mall

not sure what you are getting at but BoBo China is the Shiznit!

Im just checking who's paying attention

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I actually don't like Bobo China. Everyone raves... it's been meh the two times I went. Kinda bland and spring rolls were soggy/greasy.

I don't have a recommendation though. I've found no good chinese food over here in east dallas.

Rudyjax
AG
Deats99 said:

You know, I have never heard the guy on the radio so maybe I am naive, but he generally seems like a good dude(our kids played soccer together.)

He is a good dude. Tells a great story on the radio. His opinions are naive at best. Very entertain person though.
AG
BernArnold said:

I actually don't like Bobo China. Everyone raves... it's been meh the two times I went. Kinda bland and spring rolls were soggy/greasy.

I don't have a recommendation though. I've found no good chinese food over here in east dallas.

Hong Kong Restaurant by hypnotic donut is my go to
drewser95
AG
BernArnold said:

I don't want to get too far off topic, but you need to give Mai's a shot. Technically it's Vietnamese, but they do have spring rolls.

Mai's Vietnamese Restaurant
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
robertf03 said:

BernArnold said:

Hong Kong Restaurant by hypnotic donut is my go to

OK I'll try it.... have not tried that one. Good to know there is still hope.

I gave up after:

Bobo China - meh
Egg Roll Yehs (now called Snow Pea) on NW Hwy - kinda scary looking although not horrible but I don't trust it
China Bowl express - it's ok at best
A Wok - blech
and there were 2 HORRIFIC buffet places that closed down - at Buckner/Garland and Shiloh/NW Hwy.

and just started going to Pei Wei which is americanized but at least it is consistent and not scary.

FincAg
AG
Thai Opal, Skillman/Abrams
AG
Fyi Egg roll yeahs/snow pea is my distant #2 goto so it looks like we're on the same page
ursusguy
AG
Not remotely close, but I recommend Peking Kitchen on Westmoreland. Doesn't get much better than a $6.75 buffet.

Dang some of y'all are picky.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I've cooked a number of damn good briskets with fuel from Pennywhistle firewood.
double aught
AG
robertf03 said:

RebelgentlemenE2 said:

Is Plano getting ghetto?

Plano rd, not plano proper, and its been ghetto from nwhy all the way up to maybe renner from the dawn of time
Plano Rd through Richardson is smooth sailing. Maybe we have different definitions of ghetto.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.