Metroplex
Sponsored by

Texas House seat 114...

4,658 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ol Jock 99
aggielostinETX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am no huge Jason V fan but if you live in 114 you need read this article with quotes about Lisa Luby Ryan, his Dan Patrick disciple challenger.

1. She is anti-635 expresslane expansion(so she wants us to wait).
2. She is anti-vaccination.
3. She is pretty much liar about Jason's pro-life stance, even attacking Jason's push to get more organ donors and his attempt to keep the state of Texas from abortion passing laws that have already been overturned at the SC level.

http://lakehighlands.advocatemag.com/2018/02/republican-candidates-face-off-exchange-club-debate/

She's trying to sell grandma and apple pie and being supported from big money outside the district b/c Jason won't kiss Patricks ass.
powerbelly
AG
I will vote anyone but Jason.

He forever lost my vote with his bill banning filming cops.
aggielostinETX
AG
Pretty low moment. He lost me on that too. He admits it was a bad idea. But this lady is... well bad
Quinn
AG
She sounds like a loon... I was imagining her as a character on Parks & Rec while I read her comments. I don't know much about him, though I would vote for him bc she is an anti-vax moron.
eiggA2002
AG
What is option C? I feel like a wooden spoon could run and win against these clowns.
True Anomaly
AG
I'm against anyone supported by Empower Texans
Quinn
AG
True Anomaly said:

So which one is supported by them and what does that group do?
aggielostinETX
AG
LLR is being supported by EmpowerTexans and TxTurf
powerbelly
AG
When did she move into 114?

They lived in the Park Cities for a long time.
aggielostinETX
AG
2 years ago
J.P. 03
AG
If you live in 114, be on the lookout for a call from a (972) 432- number. They called me 3 times in the last few days and never left a message, so finally out of curiosity I picked up and discovered it was a company called Venture Data. Either Villalba or Luby Ryan's campaign (they wouldn't disclose who) has hired them to conduct a survey about the race, and it's fascinating/funny/sad to hear the statements they're making about each other while trying to gauge which ones are the most persuasive.
aggielostinETX
AG
It's getting nastier on both sides each day.
aggielostinETX
AG
Quinn said:

True Anomaly said:

So which one is supported by them and what does that group do?

http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/bud-kennedy/article199523554.html

They are lying *******s.
aggielostinETX
AG
I love campaign finance reports. I was trying to figure out how much money Empower Texans gave LLR($10k). And I saw a weird loan on her book.

Looks she got her BILs company's PAC to laon her $50k. Her BIL is also her treasurer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
eiggA2002 said:

What is option C? I feel like a wooden spoon could run and win against these clowns.

There is no option C sadly. Jason seems like a loud-mouthed d-bag, and I'm definitely not in lock-step agreement with him on everything, but he is willing to stand up to Patrick (which is why he has a well funded opponent.)
752bro4
AG
Man, if there were only a 3rd party to pick from...
Ol Jock 99
AG
752bro4 said:

Man, if there were only a 3rd party to pick from...

I feel you, and I'll orobably vote for a lot of 3rd party folks in Nov (after testing their sanity), but if you don't want an Empower Texans caliphate, voting for reasonable, CoC republicans in March is critcal.

Texas GOP Primary 2018: Make Texas Sane Again
rgarza35
AG
I am voting for Jason. LLR has a huge ego. My wife did business with LLR, let's just say it was less than pleasant.

I know Jason, stepped in the crap on the filming the police bill. He does admit he was wrong.
I'll take the devil I know.
aggielostinETX
AG
rgarza35 said:

I am voting for Jason. LLR has a huge ego. My wife did business with LLR, let's just say it was less than pleasant.

I know Jason, stepped in the crap on the filming the police bill. He does admit he was wrong.
I'll take the devil I know.

I keep hearing those stories
Polish1979
AG
How about you guys focus on voting for Tom Nowak for Place 11 - 5th Court of Appeals and getting as many friends to do so as well.
A True Aggie. Former LH resident.
Not endorsed by Empower Texans if it helps.

VotingForTom.com
aggielostinETX
AG
Already did bud. You want to put a sign in my yard?
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm honestly not sure if I did or not. Really need better education on under ticket guys.
Quinn
AG
I haven't voted yet, why should I vote for him? What's a "True Aggie"? Does he own a farm?
Polish1979
AG
I was going more for the Aggie Honor code rather than any specific agricultural or mechanical knowledge. (poli-sci and history major!)

But I'm hopeful you will consider my qualifications and positions for the important post of Justice on the Court of Appeals. Check them out here....www.votingfortom.com
redass1876
AG
I read this thread and see all these people who put in significant thought based on history and facts into their vote. Then think that the kid who just turned 18 and eats tide pods vote counts the exact same when they go vote (D)/(R). Makes me sad
Quinn
AG
redass1876 said:

I read this thread and see all these people who put in significant thought based on history and facts into their vote. Then think that the kid who just turned 18 and eats tide pods vote counts the exact same when they go vote (D)/(R). Makes me sad
The kid who just turned 18 and eats tide pods doesn't vote, so you don't need to worry about them.
Quinn
AG
Polish1979 said:

I was going more for the Aggie Honor code rather than any specific agricultural or mechanical knowledge. (poli-sci and history major!)

But I'm hopeful you will consider my qualifications and positions for the important post of Justice on the Court of Appeals. Check them out here....www.votingfortom.com
Okay, so you are Tom?

Anyways, I still have no idea why I should vote for him/you, but I'm trying to give you a chance to educate the thread on why they should. What does he/you believe in, what does the position you/him are running for actual do?
Polish1979
AG
Thanks for the questions. The 5th Court of Appeals is certainly a spot most people don't know much about...even lawyers.

It covers Grayson, Collin, Dallas, Rockwall, Hunt, and Kaufman Counties. The court is made up of 13 Justices who hear appeals on both Criminal and Civil cases. 8 of these Justice positions are up for election this year. 2 are open seats (place 11 and place 12). I am running for one of the open seats - Place 11.
The reason the Court is so important is that it covers almost 4 million people and is the busiest appellate court in the state. Basically, it is the court of last resort for most criminal cases and civil matters. Justices must know what happens in a courtroom when deciding whether or not a trial court judge got a call right or wrong. Think of the appellate court as the replay booth for the refs on the ground.

Since very few cases are taken up by our TX supreme courts, it's up to the "local" court to keep any rogue judges in check and to affirm the decisions of the wise ones. It has been an all Republican court for quite some time and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future as the surrounding counties typically make up for all of the democrat votes from Dallas County. But the trend has been going the other way and the liberals have targeted the court as a possible "steal" in Texas. The last election involving some of the Justices on the court was closer than we would like.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm talking to a conservative crowd on here and explain that it's important we keep the court in Republican hands. It not only provides stability but also allow us to have a group of judges who do not legislate from the bench and stick to the law when making the decisions.

I believe I'm qualified for the court because of my trial experience and because of my extensive legal practice. While I'm Board Certified in criminal law and an expert in the field, I also have experience with juvenile matters, civil cases, probate cases, family law cases, and even more complex cases. These are the types of cases the court has to make decisions on each day. Knowing what to do in the courtroom and how to do it is imperative knowledge. With over 100 cases gone to trial in my career, I have the knowledge and experience to make the right calls as a Justice on the Court.
The Court has to be efficient and I know my military training as a JAG in the Air Force (which I still do each year as a reservist) and my leadership skills will be an asset to the court. I can help employ the best practices to ensure this Court remains the one by which all others are measured.
Lastly, I believe my conservative beliefs and experiences will be an asset to the Court for the next 6-12 years. The liberals are trying to change our justice system and I worry about where it will be when my kids are graduating high school. I want my experiences of being born and raised in a Communist country, waiting in line for bread and meat, and seeing tanks roll down my street to be an example of why we can never let our guard down. It's why I believe the things I do and why I'm trying to serve the country that has given me so much.

here's to hoping I earn y'all's vote
Donate if you can!

Here's a couple articles about me..
Lawyer Finds Path to Service

Keep America Safe

- Tom Nowak
Quinn
AG
Great, thanks for the write up - very informative! If you're on my ballot, you've got my vote.
Dallasag02
AG
Looks like Luby Ryan won the early vote by 8 points.
aggielostinETX
AG
https://enrpages.sos.state.tx.us/public/mar06_325_race77.htm?x=0&y=0&id=800
Ol Jock 99
AG
That's an amazingly poor turnout if that's all the early voting.
Quinn
AG
Can't believe OJ99 made me go vote and the Luby's lady is gonna win.
aggielostinETX
AG
Jason was losing early last time too.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quinn said:

Can't believe OJ99 made me go vote and the Luby's lady is gonna win.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.