Metroplex
Sponsored by

Passport renewal

1,296 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
drmwvr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last time I did it I lived in Houston. Any tips or service provider suggestions from the DFW folks? I live inside of 635 if that matters. Thanks!

Edited to say that this is for a trip in April so while technically I can go through the "normal" process, I'd rather pay for an expediting service, but 24-72 hr turnaround is not needed.
TriAg2010
AG
If you don't need a passport in 2-3 days, then I wouldn't pay for a third-party passport service. I would use the "Expedite a Renewal by Mail" option below. It's an additional $60 but will save you a few weeks.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/hurry.html#exprenew
nai06
AG
TriAg nailed it. Also unless you live far away from a regional service center, expedited passport service companies are a waste of money.
LSB_2002
AG
They say turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. I am assuming for both new and renewed passports. We are in the same boat and are planning a trip early April.

Anyone know if 4-6 is actually accurate?
Squirrel Master
AG
I renewed my passport a couple of months ago - no hurry so just did regular service. I had my new passport 9 days after I mailed in the old one.
YouBet
AG
Dallas is one of three cities in the country (last I checked) where you can request and receive a Passport on the same day. You have to go downtown to do it and it will eat up most of your day waiting around but it's a lifesaver.

I did it a few years back because I was headed to the EU and somehow lost my Passport and didn't realize it until about 3 days before departure.
Tmagic
yes you can get same day passports if you bring in your itinerary. Just make an appointment and you can have a passport within a week.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I got mine same day at in Dallas in 2010
94DallasAG
AG
Squirrel Master said:

I renewed my passport a couple of months ago - no hurry so just did regular service. I had my new passport 9 days after I mailed in the old one.
Did this end of December, right before Christmas, had them the second week of January
TriAg2010
AG
LSB_2002 said:

They say turnaround time is 4-6 weeks. I am assuming for both new and renewed passports. We are in the same boat and are planning a trip early April.

Anyone know if 4-6 is actually accurate?

I renewed last June and I think I had my new passport in 3 weeks max. Didn't pay for expediting.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

The passport office in Dallas is very easy...... I never waited there been there 3 times in the last 5 years (me, daughter, son).

they do it all - the docs, the pics, they review it and send it in.

I think there are a few locations but the county office I used is off I-30

3443 St Francis Ave, Dallas, TX 75228

Here are the others

http://www.dallascounty.org/districtclerk/passport-location.html

you have to pay for 3 things - one requires a check

A Passport photo can be taken on-site for $12 cash, debit or credit.
Application Fee and any Optional Service Fees:
  • Personal checks (No temporary), money orders and bank drafts at all locations, payable to "Department of State"
$35 Execution Fee Paid Separately:
  • Cash, debit or credit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.