Metroplex
Sponsored by

West End Restaurants

742 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Street_Cred_Norm
TexasAggies06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have a good recommendation for a casual dinner place in the West End? I'm meeting up with a friend staying in that area and don't spend much time around there since I live up near Plano.
752bro4
AG
Not a restaurant rec, but just a general one.

Tell your friend to take a $5 uber/lyft and meet you in either Uptown or Deep Ellum.
powerbelly
AG
752bro4 said:

Tell your friend to take a $5 uber/lyft and meet you in either Uptown or Deep Ellum.
This.
walton91
Yep, West End is pretty lame. If you can't go elsewhere, you could try Ellen's or Tutta's Pizza. You'd be better off going to Luck in Trinity Grove just over the MHH bridge, or to Deep Ellum for Braindead, Dot's, Pecan Lodge, IdleRye, CaneRosso. Tons of options in DE
harge57
AG
Go to Rodeo Goat
TexasAggies06
AG
752bro4 said:

Not a restaurant rec, but just a general one.

This is kind of what I thought might be the case. I know several places in those other areas that I like but thought there might be some hidden gem in West End that I wasn't aware of and figured this might be a chance to find out. Appreciate the quick feedback, think we'll head Uptown.
walton91
Just saw this, a brand new place in the West End thats probably worth a shot

http://www.dallasobserver.com/amp/restaurants/3eleven-kitchen-and-cocktails-brings-a-patio-and-healthy-ish-food-to-dallas-west-end-10319254?__twitter_impression=true
drewser95
AG
walton91 said:

Yep, West End is pretty lame. If you can't go elsewhere, you could try Ellen's or Tutta's Pizza.
I used to go to Ellen's for dinner a few years ago whenever I had to be downtown around that time, but haven't been since they moved. It was always good though.

As far as Uptown, I met some friends at Moxie's Grill at The Crescent a few months ago, and it wasn't nearly as pretentious as I thought it would be. Good food too.
Street_Cred_Norm
Bro with the first and best answer.

I will add that Bottled Blonde/ Backyard in DE should be on the list as well. The food is pretty good and the scene is gold with ass everywhere
If your child grows up to be a Liberal, you've failed as a parent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.