Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lasik Recommendations

4,516 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoomGoesThe
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Used Tylock in August '18, and it has been life changing. One of the best decisions I've ever made, and worth every penny. Just kicking myself for not doing it earlier in life. I wore glasses for 25 years, and finally did surgery at age 31.
DannyDuberstein
AG
CastleRock said:

High potential for complications is the main reason I'm told. I do find it interesting (anecdotally) that so many docs I've spoken to don't have it/aren't interested.

Yeah, I've debated over the years but decided as long as I'm getting 20/15 with no issues with my contacts, then why mess with a good thing.
PatAg
AG
This is a tangent question but, to those of you who opt for contacts...do you wear them when you are swimming?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I wear them in the pool, but I tend to avoid getting my face in or at least try to keep my eyes shut. At 45, most of my pool time is standing or floating with a beer, so getting my eyes under isn't really an issue. If I did some actual swimming for exercise, I'd either not wear the contacts or would wear goggles.
Proposition Joe
Keeping my eyes closed for swimming doesn't bother me, it's that I basically have to plan any nap I want to take. If If all asleep with my contacts on, it's not just that i'll need to put in a new pair when I wake up -- but I'll have an absolute headache. Drifting asleep on the couch on a lazy Sunday? Nope... Not if I don't want to feel like crap when I wake up.

The contact cost doesn't really even bother me that much, it's just having to go through the whole ordeal every morning and about 10% of the time me having issues and having to re-insert.

My biggest question will be how it will impact how tired/strained my eyes get late in the day. I stare at a computer screen the majority of the day and by mid-afternoon I toss my contacts and swap to glasses because it's too hard to focus and my vision starts getting "wonky".

I've thought about it off and on for the last 10 years and always come back to what Danny said -- what I've got works well enough, why risk something that if I don't like it then it's going to at best be a hassle, at worst be a disaster. Was just trying to see if it's now considered an absolute no-brainer to do.
BoomGoesThe
I had it done by Dr. Boothe back in 2005. It was well worth the money, and I still see 20/20.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.