Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lasik Recommendations

4,445 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoomGoesThe
Player To Be Named Later
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am kicking around the idea of getting Lasik done. Any of you have Drs you'd recommend or avoid?
helgs
AG
Dr. Labor in Grapevine is where I got mine done. Great job and see better than 20/15 even 6 years later.

However, know the side effects! I had (and still have) really bad dry eyes now. This is one of the most common side effects there is with LASIK. Still would do it again, but I can't leave my house without a bottle of eye drops. I'm currently taking Xiidra which is a dry eyes "cure" but after a month on the stuff, it isn't doing much to help.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I used Clearview in Southlake. Worked well enough. $3500 total

https://texags.com/forums/37/topics/2714516/replies/45281178
BeardofZeus01
AG
+1 for Clearview in Southlake. Dr Ryne, Dr Lyons and their associates are good folks and will take good care of you.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I have consultations with LasikPlus and Clearview next week and will decide between the two.

I'd honestly just go with Clearview, but LasikOne offers 20% off for First Responders so I at least want to check them out. If they are a complete cattle herding operation I'll probably bite the bullet and stick with Clearview.
Rossko
AG
I went to Dr. Boothe back in 2009 and it was great. I would definitely do it over again if I had to, one of the best decisions I made. My eyesight wasn't that bad before but the lifestyle change of not having to deal with contacts or glasses anymore was well worth it.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Update - I am scheduled for next Friday with LasikPlus in Plano.
aggiefan83
AG
I had a bad experience at LasikPlus in Plano. Had the surgery there 3 weeks ago, and would recommend finding another doctor. Everyone was great, except the actual doctor and surgery, which is obviously the most important part.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
aggiefan83 said:

I had a bad experience at LasikPlus in Plano. Had the surgery there 3 weeks ago, and would recommend finding another doctor. Everyone was great, accept the actual doctor and surgery, which is obviously the most important part.

Mind sharing what went wrong?
aggiefan83
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

aggiefan83 said:

I had a bad experience at LasikPlus in Plano. Had the surgery there 3 weeks ago, and would recommend finding another doctor. Everyone was great, accept the actual doctor and surgery, which is obviously the most important part.

Mind sharing what went wrong?

The doctor had trouble with my right eye because he couldn't get the thing that holds my eye open while they cut the flap to stay in my eye. After the fifth or sixth try he started cussing (f@&k, sh!$), and said nothing else to me. So I'm laying there thinking he just blinded me forever so I finally asked if everything was okay, and he just said he was having trouble getting the thing to stay in my eye and that I need to sit still and keep my chin up. He had more trouble with my right eye at the other laser where they burn part of it off, but never really said much to me.

Basically his whole bedside manner and lack of communication with me was horrible. But with my left eye everything went smooth and quick, and if both eyes had been like that, I probably wouldn't have anything bad to say.

He has hundreds of 5 star reviews so I guess I'm a rare case, so you might have better luck.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Wow. Yeah that kinda sucks. Are you happy with the actual results so far?
aggiefan83
AG

Wow. Yeah that kinda sucks. Are you happy with the actual results so far?
Not really. My issue with my contacts is that my right eye was constantly blurry due to my astigmatism and the custom contact lenses I used never worked that well to correct it. As of right now, I still feel the same way that my right eye is blurry compared to my left and it bugs me. It will supposedly continue to get better, so we'll see.
Bird93
AG
Can lasik correct far sighted vision?
Kellso
I used Dr Tylock and he was excellent. His entire staff was first class.

I had the surgery done in 2014.
Bones08
AG
Bird93 said:

Can lasik correct far sighted vision?
I'm going through the pre-LASIK appointments right now and from my understanding farsightedness, at least the kind that sets in post age 40 and requires reading glasses, is more eye muscle related and LASIK doesn't correct this.

If someone needs to correct me on this then please do so.
CoppellAg93
AG
Kellso said:

I used Dr Tylock and he was excellent. His entire staff was first class.

I had the surgery done in 2014.
My wife and I both had ours done from Dr. Tylock in 2015 - I second the comments above.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Yes, they've told me that I will need reading glasses still... either now or in the near future (I'm 45). But I can deal with just reading glasses vs glasses for everything.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I used LasikPlus about 5 or 6 years ago, no problems at all. They offer free lifetime adjustments (as long as their's still material to cut).

The only mistake was mine - I should have continued the synthetic tears 3 times a day for a year or two, but stopped after 30 days. I didn't realize I needed to keep going. My vision regressed slightly after a couple of months.

I still don't need glasses. I just noticed that my x-ray vision wasn't as solid 6 months later than it was 1 month post-surgery.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The type of farsightedness that kicks in when you are in your 40s is called presbyopia, and it's mostly due to a the lens in your eye becoming more rigid/less elastic, although the muscle fibers surrounding the lens becoming weaker with age contribute to it too. As mentioned above, LASIK doesn't work for this. I think it can be addressed when you are an old fart that needs new lenses due to cataracts (ie. something that involves lens replacement), but a laser surgery isn't going to do it.
Bird93
AG
Anyone have knowledge or experience with corneal inlay?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Had it done at Lasik Plus on Friday. Everything went super smoothly, and outside of the first 4 hours, I've been in zero pain/discomfort.

Good reminder on the artificial tears. I need to definitely remember to stay on top of that.
Bird93
AG
LASIK or Corneal Inlay?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Sorry, Lasik
Rossko
AG

Had it done at Lasik Plus on Friday. Everything went super smoothly, and outside of the first 4 hours, I've been in zero pain/discomfort.

Good reminder on the artificial tears. I need to definitely remember to stay on top of that.
How do you like the immediate vision change? Worth every penny right?
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Absolutely! At my follow up appointment the next morning (less than 24hrs after the surgery) I missed 2 of the 5 letters at 20/15 vision.

Little bit foggy at times (when i haven't used my drops) but it's pretty amazing.
Husler 00
AG
Wife and I both used Tylock in 2014 and had excellent results. Highly recommend and only wish I had done it 10 years prior.
Vade281
AG
I second Tylock. I used him in 2012 and still have perfect vision.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Jimbos Plaque
AG
I did topographic LASIK in 2015 with Tylock, and i absolutely cannot recommend them enough. It was the most incredible feeling when they finished the second part and the doc looked at me and said "welcome to your new life in HD". Sounds really cheesy but i loved it. 15/10. I went from 20/60 in my left and legally blind in my right to 20/20, and it has allowed me to be able to fly. Best 3500 i've ever spent.
_lefraud_
AG
Anyone have recommendations or experience for someone closer to Fort Worth? I'm leaning towards tylock based on this thread, just wanted to make sure. Tia
Vade281
AG
I also recommend Tylock. Had it done in 2012 and never looked back.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Proposition Joe
Is everyone still reccomending Tylock (www.tylock.com) ? I'm looking into finally getting it done, but not super impressed with the website, but I know that's secondary to everything else.

Filled out a form to schedule an evaluation -- got an email shortly after stating there is a $175 evaluation fee, but that it would go towards my surgery if I decided to go with Tylock. I get that there's time and effort involved with the eval, but isn't that kind of the cost of doing business when trying to get people to fork over thousands for the treatment?
Maverick06
AG
Dr. Taylor Strange in North Fort Worth if anyone is is looking in that area. He did my wife's LASIK this year and was great. Our daughters play soccer together. Great guy and my wife couldn't be happier with the procedure.
Post removed:
by user
Proposition Joe
CastleRock said:

Every year I debate getting it done, and every doctor I ask (friends) all say to wait and not get the surgery.

May I ask why? This is about my 3rd or 4th year of contemplating it, with previous years me saying "**** it I'll just continue to deal with contacts".
Post removed:
by user
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.