Metroplex
Sponsored by

Daycare Richardson

2,000 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jimmy McNulty
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I are expecting our first child in August and we are in the process of looking around for potential day care options. Any recommendations in the canyon creek area? We know of several but hopefully you guys have some input on experience and pricing. We've only visited Carpe Diem and they were 1500/mo.
ac04
i have two kids in that carpe now. they have been great, but it isn't cheap at all.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Other options we might tour are:
Canyon Creen Day Care
Little Steps Montessori
Messiah Lamb
sburg2007
Not quite canyon creek but our daughter is 1.5 and has been at first baptist Plano since she was about 3 months. We love the ladies who have cared for her in each of the three classes. It is run by Lionheart and is affordable. She loves getting there every morning and playing with the teachers and other toddlers.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
How much do they charge? That's interesting bc my cousin sent her child there 5 or so years ago but they moved back to their hometown after a year ago but said they liked it a lot.
Texker
AG
Child care was expensive when our kids were in that age but $1500/mo? Damn.
sburg2007
I asked my wife and she doesn't know off top of her head but the pricing goes down as they get older, which is nice. I think it was about $980/month to start. When lionheart came in, they did a pretty nice renovation. There's also quite a few a Aggie kids there! We had friends send their son to canyon creek Baptist as well. It's off custer south of Renner. Let me know if you want a referral to FBP and check it out.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
I live very close to the canton creek daycare off Custer and we're checking that out pretty soon. Thanks for the replies
Van Buren Boy
AG
Canyon creek Christian academy is great.
fav13andac1)c
AG
KinderCare off of Campbell on west side of 75 was great, but expensive(to us, can't remember price). Care Child Development on east side of 75 on Campbell was great, and not nearly as expensive.
Lily09
AG
Jimmy, I'm curious to know who you picked. My husband and I are currently looking in the Richardson/Garland area. I'm really nervous about day care so I'd love to hear more recommendations if y'all have any.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
We picked Canyon Creek but looked at Carpe Diem as well but it's a little too expensive. The wife is still pushing for that now because they have webcam access. We actually don't start daycare until February so I don't have much more information than that at this point.

My wife's true desire would be to stay with an in home nanny. We are using one right now in the interim to get us to Feb. We used care.com for the lady and vetted her and she's doing great so far but would be expensive to do long term. I would be interested if anyone in the Canyon Creek area on here would also be interested in potentially sharing the cost of a full in home nanny. I guess it can't hurt to put out feelers.
Brenner
AG
We're due in January so wouldn't need a nanny until May, but sharing a nanny is something we're interested in.. Any chance you'll still be in this situation then?
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Those dates may not work out. The plan for us was to be in daycare by that time if we couldn't find a nanny sharing alternative and I'm sure your wife will be at home with your newborn for several months. That much of a delay wouldn't work for us. We wouldn't be able to sustain a nanny for that long.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.