Metroplex
Sponsored by

Am I crazy?

3,330 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PrincessButtercup
PrincessButtercup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My lease ends in February. I currently live in Addison and work in downtown Dallas. I'm looking for other jobs in the West Dallas/Irving area, so I'm looking to move that way whether I continue working where I am or if I move jobs. I lucked out with a 900sq ft townhouse for $1100 the last two years, but it's going up to $1400 now.

I want to find something with some room that isn't crazy expensive in dallas. Potentially a townhouse or condo that isn't a wrap around apartment. Any suggestions? It might be a pipe dream, but I figured I could ask. I have a ridgeback lab mix so he's big, but almost 7 so he's not insane.

Thanks.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Rule #1 on the dog
FC12
The District at Cypress Waters may work. May be too Far West though.
mavsfan4ever
AG
$1400 for 900 square feet seems like a good deal. Don't think you will find better, especially when you factor in moving costs.

Edit: just saw you said in Addison. Maybe you could find cheaper there but not sure. Thought you were looking in Dallas.
GarlandAg2012
AG
There are a huge number of new apartments in Las Colinas. I would think you could get a deal at a place that is less than totally full or just opening and running a special. Townhome style apartments are more and more common so maybe you'll be able to find something. There are also a couple townhome developments but I suspect they would be above your price range.
PrincessButtercup
AG
https://imgur.com/IcDyGkv

I currently live in Addison but I am moving to Dallas or a little west like Irving/Las Colinas. I know $1400 for 900 sqft is a decent deal, but it's not really in my budget. I was lucky when I signed, but can't afford to stay and I'd like to minimize my commute as well. And i don't necessarily need 900 sqft. Just not a 500 sqft efficiency.

I'll check out the places mentioned. Thanks!
walton91
I work in Las Colinas and there are probably 3-4 (or more) brand new complexes around or near Lake Carolyn. Its always seemed like a sudden huge increase in availability for such a small area to me. I can't imagine all the current complexes here, or the ones just finishing up, are able to maintain the high end of rent scale. I'm sure you can find some deals. I just did a quick search on apartments dot com and have no doubt you can find something around there in your range. As a bonus, it seems like a good area for a dog. Lots of space to run around the lake, or the nearby trail.
Texas Ag Mom
My son & DIL moved out of LC this year after living in an apt there for 4 yrs. Small 1 bedrm & I am sure it was under 900 sf. When they moved in rent was about $1100 & increased every year. I think it was about $1500 when they moved & this complex was not new & it was not on the train line. Apartments always make agood deal on the first lease & then they screw you. I would look for a privately owned condo & you would be less likely to face large rent increases.
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
There's people that do apartment locating for a living, and for free. PM me & I'll put you in touch with an Aggie that'll find you what you're looking for.
PrincessButtercup
AG
mortgage said:

There's people that do apartment locating for a living, and for free. PM me & I'll put you in touch with an Aggie that'll find you what you're looking for.

I don't actually have a sub even though it says i have a star. Not sure how that happened. My email is princessbuttercupta@gmail.com if you wouldn't mind emailing me.

Thank you for your responses. I agree the initial sign on is great and then it changes. My place had a fire in December and half the place burned down which I think was part of the catalyst for the hike. They said if I stayed my month to month would be $4k. I thought it was a typo, but it wasn't.
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
$4k?!?! Email sent.
UmustBKidding
My son just took a job in Dallas and would be interested in your locator contact.
username
at
conspiracy dot
net
PrincessButtercup
AG
I ended up using this guy. He was great. I moved in this past weekend and love my new place.

https://rogershealy.com/team/jacob-bender
UmustBKidding
Thanks very much!
PrincessButtercup
AG
You're welcome!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.