Metroplex
Sponsored by

Ft Worth Economic Strategic Plan

6,355 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Agnzona
mhayden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In high school I'd probably agree with you -- not so much elementary. It largely revolves around the teachers and the parental support. Whether it's chicken or the egg, part of what Tanglewood desirable is because you know the parental involvement is very strong simply due to the socioeconomics neighborhood

As crass as it sounds, the people who can afford homes in those areas are the people who make enough money to have the time to be active in school functions.

Benbrook and Ridglea Hills (and Westcliff) are in no way bad -- but if you go to a school function there and at Tanglewood or at a private school the difference is night and day.

Does it really matter? Probably not.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Desert Ag said:

free_mhayden said:

A lot will depend on how many students the new Tanglewood will hold.
There are other alternatives. Ridglea Hills and the new Benbrook elementary come to mind. A close friend is deeply involved with Westcliff PTA and swears by it.

This is why I'll probably never sell my house in Benbrook since it's in the Westpark elementary boundaries. That house has appreciated greatly in the last few years due to the new high school, renovated middle school (used to be elementary school), and new elementary school.

A buddy of mine's kid goes to Ridglea Hills elementary and my friend seems to think it's a good school so far.
AgBQ-00
AG
Ft Worth kids also go to Keller schools and NW ISD schools and Aledo schools. There is a lot more to education in ft worth than the schools that have troubles.
YouBet
AG
When yall say Tanglewood are you talking about the neighborhood at Joe Pool Lake?
DonaldFDraper
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

Desert Ag said:

free_mhayden said:

A lot will depend on how many students the new Tanglewood will hold.
There are other alternatives. Ridglea Hills and the new Benbrook elementary come to mind. A close friend is deeply involved with Westcliff PTA and swears by it.

This is why I'll probably never sell my house in Benbrook since it's in the Westpark elementary boundaries. That house has appreciated greatly in the last few years due to the new high school, renovated middle school (used to be elementary school), and new elementary school.

A buddy of mine's kid goes to Ridglea Hills elementary and my friend seems to think it's a good school so far.

Same boat. We're undecided on having kids but nice to know we have a solid public elementary school option if we move somewhere closer to Downtown with lesser schools.
ChipFTAC01
AG
YouBet said:

When yall say Tanglewood are you talking about the neighborhood at Joe Pool Lake?

No it's a nice neighborhood in south Fort Worth between tcu and s Hulen.
Buford Tannen
AG
We recently moved into the Westcliff ES zone and have been thoroughly impressed so far. We start Kinder in 2 years and have no hesitations at all about it there.
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

YouBet said:

No it's a nice neighborhood in south Fort Worth between tcu and s Hulen.
Ah, ok. My lone buddy in Ft. Worth lives there.
Post removed:
by user
NewOldAg
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Any thoughts on Ft. Worth's southern burbs now that Chisholm Trail Tollway is done. What are Cleburne and Burleson like?

What are they like? County seat farm communities. I'm not sure what kind of detail you are looking for?

The area south of Ft. Worth has had steady, slow growth for about the last 20 years. The toll road hasn't really changed that much. I don't think that either is in danger of becoming the next Plano or Frisco in the next 10-15 years. Much like the rest of the Metroplex west of 360, they are the kind of place Texans go to get away from transplants.
Post removed:
by user
NewOldAg
AG
Yes, there is a new minor league park out there. I think Cleburne is still going to be too far out to grow a ton. Godley/Joshua may gradually become a bit of a Aledo alternative. Crowley will probably get skipped because the ISD cratered in the mid-2000's and the reputation never recovered.
wbt5845
AG
powerbelly said:

LSB_2002 said:

I love Fort Worth, but also understand that it does have it's struggles. I think Fort Worth is primed to have additional big corporate money spent in the downtown area and don't think they'll have a huge problem securing it.
I think it has been a problem for them.

Hell, I would love to live in Ft. Worth, but the jobs are in Dallas right now.

Funny - no jobs in my industry are in Dallas County but tons in Tarrant County. Kinda negates that statement.
powerbelly
AG
wbt5845 said:

powerbelly said:

LSB_2002 said:

I love Fort Worth, but also understand that it does have it's struggles. I think Fort Worth is primed to have additional big corporate money spent in the downtown area and don't think they'll have a huge problem securing it.

Funny - no jobs in my industry are in Dallas County but tons in Tarrant County. Kinda negates that statement.
Anecdotes aside, job growth and the variety of industries is much greater in Dallas.
YouBet
AG
powerbelly said:

wbt5845 said:

powerbelly said:

LSB_2002 said:

Anecdotes aside, job growth and the variety of industries is much greater in Dallas.

Yeah, that's not even debatable. But, I like the idea of Ft.Worth being a counterweight. Would actually like to see them get more going on just so we don't absorb everyone coming here. Gonna get real crowded otherwise. Already is.
NewOldAg
AG
I grew up in FW and live in Dallas. I think you will find for the most part residents of FW will say no thanks. Most people I interact with over in FW love that they live on the sleepy side of the Metroplex.
Agnzona
That's where FWs upside really is, tons of developable land inside the loop.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.