Metroplex
Sponsored by

Amazon HQ2 - Dallas shortlisted

10,235 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by investorAg83
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still not living in Houston?
double aught
AG
I'll take it!
Robert C. Christian
AG
double aught said:

So what do we win for third place?

If you are a renter, your apartment cost doesnt go up quite as much.
aggie2812-2
AG
Wouldn't be so sure about all this NY and Virginia. I think there are 4 major players in it and also know something else but I won't get into that. Just saying Dallas and other cities aren't out of it yet.
investorAg83
AG
aggie2812-2 said:

Wouldn't be so sure about all this NY and Virginia. I think there are 4 major players in it and also know something else but I won't get into that. Just saying Dallas and other cities aren't out of it yet.

I posted the same in another thread. The WSJ has some of the facts right. The NYT (citing the specific dual location)...lets say they may have jumped the gun a little bit and are a bit presumptuous.
bagger05
AG
https://www.npr.org/2018/11/13/665646050/amazons-grand-search-for-2nd-headquarters-ends-with-split-nyc-and-d-c-suburb

Looks official.
investorAg83
AG
bagger05 said:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/13/665646050/amazons-grand-search-for-2nd-headquarters-ends-with-split-nyc-and-d-c-suburb

Looks official.

Yep. Official notice given today.
hatchback
AG
Here's the incentive package that Dallas put together for Amazon:

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2018/11/the-city-of-dallas-offered-amazon-a-600-million-incentive-package/

According to a recent Dallas Morning New article I read, the suburban sites within "Dallas" were never even toured by Amazon officials when visiting earlier this year. All of the sites toured were within the "urban core" of the city.
investorAg83
AG
Correct. They never went north of George Bush but they did tour 2 sites in Arlington.
powerbelly
AG
investorAg83 said:

Correct. They never went north of George Bush but they did tour 2 sites in Arlington.
That explains a lot.
investorAg83
AG
powerbelly said:

investorAg83 said:

That explains a lot.

Their request...not the city's. They looked at where the existing ballpark is and everything going up over there.
Spaceship
AG
They toured the old Cowboys stadium site in Irving too.
investorAg83
AG
Reunion, victory, valley view, old cowboys in Irving, about to be old ballpark site, UTD/cityline. Those were the 6.

This has the most accurate information on the Dallas bid. https://www.dallasnews.com/business/amazon/2018/11/13/nix-amazon-orange-skyline-exclusive-look-inside-dallas-fort-worths-bid-hq2
YouBet
AG
Saw on Politics thread this ended up being 3 locations including Nasville too? Was that already known? I've lost track.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Became known last week. Was originally reported as 1 location. Not sure when Amazon decided to make the switch.
investorAg83
AG
YouBet said:

Saw on Politics thread this ended up being 3 locations including Nasville too? Was that already known? I've lost track.

The Nashville site is not part of HQ2. Totally separate and their operations there were not part of the RFP process.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.